The Youth Homelessness Matters Day is celebrated every year in April. This event aims to highlight the issue of youth homelessness. There are children who don’t have a home because of various reasons like being abandoned by their parents or after being orphaned. These are not the fault of the children but by the adults. Hence, they need to be helped and rescued during this day.
About the Youth Homelessness Matters Day
During the Youth Homelessness Matters Day, people conduct various activities that let them put this issue into the spotlight and also to rescue homeless children and teens. People join campaigns that let them inform the public about the facts regarding the issue of youth homelessness. People also volunteer and take the initiative to help homeless youth.
The celebration of the Youth Homelessness Matters Day began in 2005 by an initiative of the youth workers from the Blue Mountains Youth Initiative. This group works to help homeless young people. They are concerned about the public’s lack of awareness about the plight of the youth who don’t have a home.
The exact date of the Youth Homelessness Matters Day is movable. However, the upcoming celebration of this event will be held on April 15.
Why Celebrate Youth Homelessness Matters Day?
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the Youth Homelessness Matters Day:
To Help the Poor Children
The homeless young ones are in dire need of our help. Because they are still young, with none to minimal education and without a job, there is no one to help them but us. They don’t just need a home to stay in. They also need food, clothes, and they need to earn their right to be educated. Thus, you must celebrate this day to help them.
To Protect the Future Children
You should also celebrate this day so that you can help not only the children who needs help but also those in the future. If you celebrate this day and raise awareness about this problem, then we may not only be able to solve them but also prevent them from happening again.
Youth Homelessness Matters Day Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Youth Homelessness Day as best as it can be:
You can celebrate this day by raising awareness about the issue of youth homelessness. There is still a lack of knowledge in the public with regard to this problem. If you can, you should inform people about it and together, you can put an end to it.
You can also celebrate this day by volunteering in activities that aim to help homeless youth. Before the event, you can visit various websites of organizations that dedicate their time in helping children and teenagers. See if they have any upcoming activities for this event that you may participate in.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You may, for instance, use the hashtag #YouthHomelessnessMattersDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
Youth Homelessness Matters Day Messages
- Today is a day that we fight against the young ones from not having a home. Happily, and bravely fighting against youth homelessness day!
- There is a bright future to every kid out there. We just have to lend them a helping hand. Let us all end youth homelessness right now.
- It is unfortunate that some children have been abandoned by their parents. They roam the streets and have no homes to go to. Thus, we must all end youth homelessness now.
- Youth homelessness not only hurt the children who are homeless but also our economy in the future. These young ones could have been the future of the economy. Therefore, it is our responsibility to put an end to youth homelessness right now.
Youth Homelessness Matters Day Quotes
- We have come dangerously close to accepting the homeless situation as a problem that we just can’t solve. – Linda Lingle
- The world of the homeless is a tough and interesting world. – Paul Dano
- They are safe but they are not in their homes. They are city-less. I think it’s just a disaster for everyone. – Teri Hatcher
- People who are homeless are not social inadequates. They are people without homes. – Sheila McKechnie
- We must all work together to end youth homelessness in America. – Jewel Kilcher
- Homelessness is the actor’s fate; physical incapacity to attain what is most required and desired by such a spirit as I am a slave to. – Edwin Booth
- Most homeless kids are on the streets because they have been forced by circumstances that cause them to think that they are safer there than in any home they once knew. – Jewel
- Homelessness among seniors is a tragedy we never want to see happen. Fortunately, the city does not have a large population of seniors without permanent housing, and although we have seen a slight increase – less than one-half percent – they make up less than 3 percent of the city’s homeless population overall. – Angela Allen
- More and more people are facing homelessness and housing problems. – Adam Sampson
- Our ultimate goal is to help people end their homelessness. The Street Needs Assessment is a new tool that we will use to help us achieve this goal. – Phil Brown