The National Applesauce Cake Day is observed each year on the 6th of June. It is a day when people enjoy a food holiday dedicated to applesauce cake which is a delicious, moist, and tasty cake. We already have carrot cakes and pumpkin pies so why not dedicate a special day for applesauce cake? During this day, people celebrate by conducting various activities related to applesauce cake. People enjoy celebrating this day as much as they love to celebrate the National Milk Chocolate Day.
- 1 What is the National Applesauce Cake Day?
- 2 History of the National Applesauce Cake Day
- 3 When is the National Applesauce Cake Day?
- 4 How to Celebrate?
- 5 Facts of the National Applesauce Cake Day
What is the National Applesauce Cake Day?
Applesauce cake is a cake made from apple sauce, sugar, and flour. These three are the main ingredients but people usually add some more things like spices to make the cake taste better. This cake tends to be a moist one by when it is made with chunky style apple sauce, it is less moist. Also sometimes, this cake is served as coffee cake. Because of much love for this cake, the National Applesauce Cake Day as a celebration was started.
History of the National Applesauce Cake Day
The history of the National Applesauce Cake Day is actually rich. Its roots can be traced back from when the applesauce recipe was discovered.
Applesauce was actually first discovered in 1739 since cookbooks during this year were the ones to have the first records of this food. That time, it was made by sautéing cooked apples with rich egg yolks and butter. Also during this time, applesauce was called as apple pudding.
According to some people, the celebration of this day started in the early 1900s during the first World War. That time, it was considered patriotic to have frugality by eating eggs, sugar, and butter. Applesauce was popular during these days. From 1900 to 1950s, recipes for the applesauce cake started to appear a lot more frequently. Unfortunately, the exact origin of the celebration of this day is quite unknown to us. But we are sure that this day started so as to give dedication to a kind of cake that everyone loves to eat.
When is the National Applesauce Cake Day?
This day is always celebrated on the 6th of June each year. This means that this year, people will celebrate this special day on June 6, 2021. And next year, people will celebrate this day on June 6, 2022.
How to Celebrate?
There are various activities conducted by people to maximize the celebration of this important day. some of these are:
Make Your Own Applesauce Cake Recipe
Of course, a good way to celebrate this day is by making your own applesauce cake recipe. There are lots of varieties of this cake available so perhaps you may want to create one of your own. Baking the cake itself may be a little but intriguing. But if you ever need some guide on how to make one, then you can just take a look at some recipe online or a cookbook that will teach you how. You can then implement your own variation for the recipe.
Purchase a Good Applesauce cake from the Bakery or Pastry Shop
If you don’t have time to bake your own applesauce cake for this day, then another good way to celebrate it is by purchasing a good applesauce cake from a bakery or pastry shop. For sure, a lot of these stores will be offering these cakes knowing that a lot of people will demand them during the celebration of the day. You can then indulge yourself into eating this cake. You can even make it better by sharing some with your friends and family and have some chitchats while eating the cake.
Celebrate On Social Media
You can also take the celebration on social media. Perhaps you can use the hashtag #NationalApplesauceCakeDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also taking part in the celebration of this day. You can also take some pictures of yourself with the applesauce cake and then post it in your social media accounts.
Facts of the National Applesauce Cake Day
Of course, this day will not be complete without you sharing some good and interesting facts for the day. Some good ones are:
- Applesauce cake can vary in flavor depending on the condiments used for making the cake.
- Applesauce cake does not spoil easily compared to other cakes because of the spices put into it.
- This day is celebrated in the same day as the National Teachers Day.
- Applesauce cake promotes good digestion. The reason is that applesauce promotes the growth of probiotics which are good for the stomach and intestine.
- Different applesauce cakes can have different flavors depending on the spices used for making them. Some applesauce cakes are very sweet just like the normal cakes we eat. Other applesauce cakes are salty and some are sour.
- Applesauce cakes are usually served as coffee cakes. This means that they are usually served together with coffee.
- The origin of applesauce cakes can be traced back to the early times of colonization in the United States.
- Some applesauce cakes are served with confectioner’s sugar as toppings.
- Some applesauce cakes are glazed with caramel or frostings.
- Applesauce cakes tend to be moist due to the presence of applesauce which is a liquid.