The National Bomb Pop Day is observed during the last Thursday of June each year. Bomb pops are rocket shape delicacies that are color white, blue, and red. They are originally manufactured by Wells Enterprise. People enjoy eating this delicacy during summertime but they can also eat it anytime whenever they feel hot and wanted to cool themselves. Bomb pops also vary in terms of flavor. Because of the people’s love for Bomb Pops, a special day has been dedicated for it. This day is enjoyed by people as much as they enjoy the National Candy Day.
Want to skip ahead to a particular section?
- 1 What is the National Bomb Pop Day?
- 2 History of the National Bomb Pop Day
- 3 What is the history of the bomb pop?
- 4 What is the history of the bomb pop day?
- 5 When is the National Bomb Pop Day?
- 6 How to Celebrate the National Bomb Pop Day?
- 7 Indulge Yourself in Bomb Pops
- 8 Throw a Bomb Pop Party
- 9 Celebrate on Social Media
- 10 Facts for the National Bomb Pop Day
What is the National Bomb Pop Day?
This day is all about celebrating bomb pops. These are frozen confections that originally contained the flavors of cherry, lime, and blue raspberry. These are good treats especially during summer. But a lot of people still prefer to eat this delicacy even if it is cold since it tastes really good. During the National Bomb Pop Day, people are given a good excuse to dedicate one day to eat bomb pops. The purpose of celebrating this day is to make bomb pops more popular among people so that the joy of eating it can be shared.
History of the National Bomb Pop Day
The National Bomb Pop Day has an interesting history. Its roots can be traced back to the day when bomb pops were discovered. It wasn’t until people have become so crazy for this treat that a day for it has been dedicated.
What is the history of the bomb pop?
The inventors of the bomb pop are DS Abernethy and James H. Merritt. They invented this treat on July 30, 1955 in Kansas City, Missouri. However, Abernethy’s business closed down. Fortunately, Well’s Dairy bought the entire business which included the bomb pops products. Since then, bomb pops have become so popular that a deal was even made between Wells’ Dairy and Walt Disney to release the so-called Buzz Lightyear Bomb Pops. Now, bomb pops are so popular and have so many flavors.
What is the history of the bomb pop day?
Unfortunately, even if bomb pops are already so popular these days, we don’t know for sure when the Bomb Pop Day was started as a yearly celebration. What we do know for sure is that people started to celebrate this day so that another holiday in the food holidays can be included in the list and also to honor this special delicacy since it always gives happiness to the people eating it. Another historical point to take note of is that celebrating this holiday on the last Thursday of June started during the 50th anniversary of Bomb Pops.
When is the National Bomb Pop Day?
This day is always celebrated on the last Thursday of June each year. This means that this year, people will have fun .
How to Celebrate the National Bomb Pop Day?
There are so many ways to make this day special. A lot of activities are conducted by people to maximize their celebration of this day. Some of them are:
Indulge Yourself in Bomb Pops
Perhaps the best way to celebrate this day is to eat some bomb pops for the day. Want it for breakfast? Then do so. You may even eat it during lunch, dinner, or as a snack. There’s no one preventing you from eating this treat. This day is just the perfect excuse for you to indulge yourself into eating these sweet treats.
Throw a Bomb Pop Party
Another good idea to do during this day is to throw a bomb pop party. This one allows you to have a more socialized celebration. You can invite over your friends and family to celebrate with you by eating bomb pops while you watch some movie or enjoy some chitchats together. It will also be nice to do this party in a pool where you can enjoy some juice drinks on top of the bomb pops available for everyone.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take the celebration on social media. You can perhaps use the hashtag #NationalBombPopDay to let you friends and followers know that you are taking part in this celebration. you can also share some good photos of you eating bomb pops for this day.
Facts for the National Bomb Pop Day
Of course, this day cannot be celebrated to the max without you sharing some good and interesting facts about bomb pops. Some of them are:
- As of 2015, there are 9 primary flavors of bomb pops.
- These flavors are: original, watermelon, fruit bomb, warheads, Hawaiian punch, original sugar free, jolly rancher, tongue splashers, and banana fudge.
- The day was not originally celebrated on the last Thursday of June. This tradition only started during the 50th anniversary of the invention of bomb pops.
- The main rival product of bomb pops are the firecrackers.
- The original flavor of bomb pop has about 40 calories in it.
- To burn the calories of one serving of bomb pop, you will need to walk for about 10 minutes.
- The original bomb pop is flavored lime and raspberry. This is the classic all American treat.
- Different flavors of bomb pops have different calorie contents.
- The original bomb pop popsicle is color red on top, white in the middle, and blue at the bottom. These are like the colors of the USA flag.