The religion of Christianity has been around for hundreds of years. In connection with that, the freedom to express one’s religion has been one of the most important principles in life. One way to achieve this principle or ideology is by celebrating the Bring Your Bible to School Day which always happens on the third of October each year.
- 1 About the Bring Your Bible to School Day
- 2 History
- 3 Dates
- 4 Why Celebrate
- 5 Celebration Ideas and Activities
- 6 Celebrate on Social Media
- 7 Bible Quotes for School Children
About the Bring Your Bible to School Day
During this day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of this day. Most parents encourage their children to bring their bibles to their schools. People also take this time as their opportunity to do bible study. There are also people who shout out on social media how they are celebrating this day.
It was in 2014 when the Bring Your Bible to School Day began as a celebration. The founder of this special day is the Focus on the Family organization. Founding this celebration is their response to American schools removing bibles from public schools, which prevented some children from expressing their religion freely. Focus on the Family wanted students to not feel afraid in expressing themselves.
Ever since the start of the event, it has become more popular than ever. In fact, in 2014, there were only 8,000 student participants. In 2015, there were already 155,000 people celebrating the day. And in 2016, there were 356,000 people who celebrated the day.
As mentioned earlier, the Bring Your Bible to School Day is celebrated every 3rd of October each year. This means that the upcoming Bring Your Bible to School Day will be held on October 3, 2020.
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the Bring Your Bible to School Day:
To Feel Free to Express Your Religion
One good reason why you should celebrate this day is that this is your opportunity to freely express your religion. To one is preventing your from that because it is your right.
To Show Your Support to Other People
Also a good reason to celebrate this day is that this can be your opportunity to show your support to other people. There may be some who get embarrassed or ashamed to bring their bibles to school believing that they are alone in doing so. If you let them know that you too will do this, they won’t feel alone anymore.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Bring Your Bible to School Day as best as it can be:
Let Your Children Bring the Bible to School
If your child loves to read the bible and wants to do a bible study at school, then let him or her know that he or she is allowed to do so. You should also tell them that you support this decision of theirs and you would be glad if they can do it.
Let People Know About the Freedom of Expression
You can also celebrate this day by letting people know that they are free to express their religion freely. But do remind them that respect and humanity are still on top of everything else.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day in social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #BringYourBibleToSchoolDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
Bible Quotes for School Children
1. Acts 16:31 – Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
2. Psalm 145:9 – The LORD is good to all.
3. Genesis 16:13 – You are the God who sees.
4. Philippians 4:4 – Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
5. Matthew 22:39 – You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
6. Numbers 6:24 – The Lord bless you and keep you.
7. Colossians 3:2 – Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
8. Colossians 3:16 – Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.
9.1 John 5:3 – This is love for God: to obey his commands.
10. Proverbs 30:5 – Every word of God proves true.
11. Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
12. Psalm 150:6 – Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
13. Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
14. Romans 10:13 – Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
15. Romans 3:23 – All people have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
16. Matthew 5:14 – You are the light of the world.
17. Psalm 139:14 – I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
18. Colossians 3:20 – Children, obey your parents in all things.
19. James 1:17 – Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.
20. Matthew 28:20 – I am with you always.
21. Ephesians 4:32 – Be kind to one another.
22. 1 John 3:23 – Love one another.
23. Psalm 56:3 – When I am afraid, I will trust in You.
24. Psalm 118:24 – This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
25. Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
26. Psalm 136:1 – Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
27. Luke 6:31 – Do to others as you would have them do to you.
28. Philippians 4:13 – I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
29. Psalm 138:1 – I will praise thee with my whole heart.
30. Ephesians 6:1 – Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.