The religion of Christianity celebrates many kinds of holidays including Christmas and Holy Week. Christians also celebrate a holiday called Three Kings day. It is celebrated 12 days after Christmas which means that it falls on the 6th of January. However, some Orthodox Church celebrates Christmas on the 7th of January and celebrated the Three Kings Day on the 19th of January. This day commemorates the visitation of the Three Kings who visited Jesus when he was still a baby, specifically 12 days after he was born on December 25.
About the Three Kings Day
Three Kings Day is also called an epiphany. It marks the adoration of baby Jesus by the three kings or the three wise men named Melchior, Balthazar, and Caspar. They traveled by horse, elephant, and camel to give symbolic gifts of gold, myrrh, and frankincense to baby Jesus. During this special day of celebration, people celebrate by giving gifts to each other, especially to children to commemorate the gift-giving act of the three kinds. People also read the bible to recall the origins of the Three Kings Day.
The celebration of the 3 Kings Day originated in the eastern Christian Church. It was a general celebration of the manifestation of the incarnation of Jesus, his birth, the visit of the Magi or the 3 Kings, his baptism by John the Baptist in Jordan, the miracle at the wedding at Cana in Galilee, and Jesus’ childhood events.
However, baptism is the primary event being commemorated on this day. The earliest reference to the 3 Kings Day was in 361 AD by Ammianus Marcellinus. According to St. Epiphanius, the Three Kings Day is a hemera generation toutestin epiphanic which means Christ’s birthday or his epiphany.
As mentioned earlier, the Three Kings Day is celebrated by Christians every 12th day after Christmas or the 6th of January each year. This means that the dates of the Three Kings Day are as follows
- Monday, January 6,
- Wednesday, January 6,
- Thursday, January 6, 2022
- Friday, January 6, 2023
- Saturday, January 6, 2024
The following are the main reasons why you should take part in the celebration of the Three Kings Day:
To Give More Gifts
Christmas isn’t the only day when gift-giving occurs. The Three Kings Day is also a day where that happens. Gift-giving commemorates the act of the Three Kings or the Magi who each gave their gifts to Baby Jesus. If you are an adult, you better prepare yourself to give gifts to the children on this special day. For sure, the happiness and smile on their faces when you give them your gifts will complete your day. So you better celebrate it in the right way.
To Eat More
The Three Kings Day is also a celebration where there is a feast of foods. Hence, celebrating this day is your best excuse to eat more foods that you love after your Christmas and New Year Celebration. This is also a good excuse for you to eat the Rosca de Reyes or King Cake. So if you want this, you better celebrate the Three Kings Day.
To Do Fun Activities
The Three Kings Day is also filled with lots of activities that can complete your day. You can have fun with your children by leaving a box of grass or hay with water where you can hide your gifts to your children. You should then create a trail of hay that your children can follow to get their gifts. Hence, if you want to have fun with your children by surprising them with gifts through an adventure, then you should celebrate the Three Kings Day.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Three Kings Day as best as it can be:
Get a Rosca de Reyes
The Rosca de Reyes is the King Cake of the Three Kings Day celebration. It is a sweet and delicious cake with cinnamon and sweet sauce. It also has some delicious feelings that will make your mouth water. You can order this cake from a pastry shop that offers it for this celebration. You may even order it online. If you want, you can even create one for your own.
Read the Bible
You should also celebrate this day by reading the gospel which the celebration is based on. You can start at Matthew 2:11. You can read the bible on your own solemnly. Or you may read that aloud for your family to hear.
Three Kings Day Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #ThreeKingsDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day.
Three Kings Day Greetings and Messages
- Life is short. So use this time of Epiphany to reflect and treasure the family vibes. Happy three kings day.
- Minutes away to pack up our yearly traditional decoration. happy three Kings day.
- All ready for the Holidays. Happy three kings day.
- Children receive gifts on Epiphany. Just like Baby Jesus received from three kings! happy three kings day.
- Share the joy with the needy. happy three kings day.
- I wish that three wise men visit you and gift you with love, peace, and joy to make your Epiphany a memorable one.
- Three kings day. It’s the time when some children get their gifts.
- Hope you get more reasons to be happy and thankful to Jesus. happy three kings day.
- Wise men still seek Jesus to adore. Happy three kings day.
- I wish all the blessings for love, peace, and happiness in your life on Epiphany and always. happy three kings day.
- Thanks be to God for his unconditional love and gifts. Jesus is here! Happy Epiphany.
- May the gifts of three wise men be yours and those will be joy, success, and prosperity along with Lord’s blessings. Happy three kings day.
- May the light of shining star guide you and gift you with the wisdom in every path of life. Wishing you a holy three kings day.
- I hope three wise men visit you today and make your three kings day celebration a joyous one.
- May the gifts of three wise men fill your home with prosperity.
- May the glory of the Lord fill your heart with joy and peace on three kings day.
- May the star of Bethlehem bring love and peace in your lives today and always. happy three kings day.
- Use this day to help someone with the gift of service and good deeds. Happy Epiphany.
- I need you on Christmas. I’m glad I get to spend this time with you and expecting more in coming year. Happy Epiphany sweetheart.
- Put all your love in the gifts you give out today. Those gifts will be the best ever for them.
- Christmas means peace. Let us live peacefully and create a heaven on the earth. Happy Epiphany.
- Bless us Lord this Christmas with the quietness of mind, teach us to be patient over all situations. Happy Epiphany.
- May the socks outside fill with gifts and home with love and joy.
- May the new year resolution be shine like a star and you reach the goal. Happy Epiphany.
- This time of the year is precious because the blessings from heaven are going shower on us. Happy three kings day.
- Sending you the warmest wishes on the coldest day of Epiphany. Happy three kings day.