The Canada Book Day is celebrated in the country of Canada every 23rd of April each year. This day is a part of the Canada Book Week and it promotes the reading of books to all people. The Canada Book Day is always set at the 23rd of April and the week that this day falls in is called the Canada Book Week.
About the Canada Book Day
During the Canada Book Day, Canadians celebrate by conducting various activities that let them achieve the goals or purposes of such celebration. For one, they simply grab a book to read and spend a relaxing day. Others go to the library to read books for free. Some go to the local bookstore to buy themselves new books. People also shout out on social media how they are celebrating this important day as do for National Author’s Day.
Canada Book Day was the initiative of the Writers’ Trust of Canada which is an organization dedicated to represent and support Canadian writers and the Canadian English-language literature. It was set on the same day as the World Book and Copyright Day, which is another annual event spearheaded by UNESCO. This day promotes reading, publishing, and protecting intellectual copyrights in writing. This day, in turn, was established by the UNESCO to commemorate three prominent writers – William Shakespeare, Inca Garcilaso de la Vega, and Miguel Cervantes, who each died on April 23, 1616.
As mentioned earlier, Canada Book Day is celebrated every 23rd of April each year. This means that the upcoming Canada Book Day will be held on April 23.
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the Canada Book Day:
To Encourage the Love of Reading
One good reason to celebrate this day is that this is the ideal time for you to encourage all Canadians out there to read. There is just a lot of world to be discovered in books. They contain a lot of scenarios reflecting real life that teach real life lessons that are everlasting.
To Read and Discover More
Or perhaps you yourself still have not gotten the love of reading books. Celebrating this day will then be your best opportunity to get to know books and fall in love with them.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Canada Book Day as best as it can be:
Grab and Read a Book
One good idea to celebrate this day is to grab and read a book. You may have some idle books laying on your bookshelf in your house. If so, then it would be good to grab them, sit relaxingly, have a cup of coffee, and read.
Go to the Library
If you don’t have a book at home, go to the nearest library. You can read books there for free. If you want to own one, then you can also go to the bookshop to buy a book that you will love. There are a lot of books to choose from, literally millions of them. To help you choose the one that will suit you, think about the genre that you are inclined to read on. Then choose a book from that.
Canada Book Day Celebration on Social Media
One of the best things to do for this day is to post about this day in your social media accounts using the hashtag #CanadaBookDay to let your fellow Canadians know that you are participating in the celebration of this day and also to simply tell them that such celebration exists. This can encourage them to celebrate this day with you.
Messages and Greetings
- The habit of reading is the best habit to pick up in life. Happy Canada Book Day!
- Those who have been addicted to books know that that addiction is stronger than the addiction to drugs. Happy Canada Book Day!
- There is nothing better than getting lost in a world of books. Happy Canada Book Day!
- Consider yourself a successful parent if you have been able to instill a love for books in your children. Happy Canada Book Day!
- Here’s me thanking all the parents in the country who have introduced their kids to books because you have opened a world of joy to your children that they will always be grateful for. Happy Canada Book Day!
- We remember the joy of buying a new book and even today there are kids who are deprived of that joy. Let us take a pledge to donate a book to at least one child this 23rd of April. Happy Canada Book Day!
- UNESCO encourages the love for reading and strives to provide at least one book to every child in the world. Here’s to celebrating the day and wishing the UNESCO all the best for its mission. Happy Canada Book Day!
- There are many reasons to be happy in the world but the biggest reason of them all is books. Happy Canada Book Day everybody!
- I could safely say that I love books more than humans and enjoy the company of books more than I enjoy the company of people. Happy Canada Book Day everyone!
- Books are my escapades and I cannot imagine my life without books. Happy Canada Book Day to all!
- The habit of reading books is fading away with the excessive addiction the applications like Netflix and Amazon prime provide. Let us celebrate this day with the hope that books are not forgotten. Happy Canada Book Day everyone!