India celebrates Children’s Day every 14th of November each year. This special day commemorates the birthday of Pundit Jawaharlal Nehru who is the first ever Prime Minister of India and raises awareness of the rights, education and care of children.
During his term, Pundit Nehru greatly worked for the educational right of children to which he was called the Chacha Nehru. Before Nehru’s Death, India celebrated the Children’s Day every 20th of November as declared by the United Nations. After his death in 1964, a resolution was passed to move the celebration to the 14th of November in order to honor Nehru and his advocacy for the children’s rights.
Learn About Children’s Day in India
Indians celebrate Children’s Day by conducting various activities involving children. Of course, schools participate by conducting activities like music and dance performances by children, educational competitions, and a lot more. These activities aim to embody the fondness of Nehru to children. People, especially parents, participate by giving gifts to their children. Gifts, books, and toys are also distributed to orphans so that they are not left alone for this one of a kind celebration.
|Children’s Day India – 14 November|
Celebrates Jawaharlal Nehru’s birthday and raises awareness of the rights of Indian children
History: Who Started This Holiday?
As mentioned above, India celebrated the Children’s Day every 20th of November before the year 1964. However, when Nehru passed away on 1964, the celebration of the Children’s Day was moved from 20 November to 14 November. The celebration aims to commemorate Nehru’s affection and love for children.
Also commemorated during this celebration are the various contributions of Nehru so that the Indians will always be able to give him a thumbs up for the rest of their lives. He was responsible for establishing some of the most prominent educations institutions in India including the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, the Indian Institutes of Technology, and the Indian Institutes of Management.
Dates: When Celebrated?
Children’s Day in India is always celebrated on November 14 each year. This means that Indians will celebrate the upcoming Children’s Day on Sunday, 14 November .
Why Celebrated: The Importance & Significance
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the Children’s Day:
To Have Fun with Your Children
One good reason why you should celebrate this day is that this is the opportune time for you to have fun with your children if you are a parent. This is like a family day wherein you can strengthen your bond and level up your relationship with your sons and daughters. During the Children’s Day in India, is same like National sons day , people conduct various activities.
To Enjoy the Day with Children
If you still don’t have any child, then it should not prevent you from celebrating the children’s day. Maybe you have a younger brother or sister who you can celebrate with. Or perhaps you can go to the orphanage to celebrate with the lovely children there.
To Inspire the Youth
Another reason why you should celebrate this day is that you can be an inspiration to children. Maybe you have a good success story that can motivate children and make them work better and harder.
How To Celebrate: Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Children’s Day as best as it can be:
Listen to the Speech of Children
One of the major activities during this day is the speech given by children assigned to the role. They give inspirational speeches that bring out the collective feelings of children whom they represent. We adults can listen to their stories which are both fun and motivating.
Watch Dance Performances of Children
Another activity that will always be included in this celebration is the dance performance of children. Such performances may either be normal dance performances or dance competitions. Watching either of these will surely entertain you as you watch cute little children give their all with their bodies.
Of course, if there is a dancing competition, there will also be a singing competition. It is always fun to watch children sing their hearts out to beautiful songs written for them. If you want to see these children, then you can watch these kinds of singing competition.
Another activity that you can participate in is watching painting competition by children. It would be good to watch talented children paint some beautiful pictures reflecting how important children are in this world.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your participation of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #Children’sDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day.
Happy Children’s Day Messages and Greetings
- The Earth reveals its purity through the smiles of children. A very warm wish for all the children on this day.
- The sweetest period of anybody’s life is the childhood. A very happy children’s day to all of the children in the world. Spend this day with boundless pleasure!
- Children are the flowers from paradise. Let us make this world a safe and fun place for our children.
- The most valuable thing in this world will be really a smile on the face of a child. Happy children’s day to all Indian children!
- You are so special to us! Children take the hopes for our brighter tomorrow along with the fantasies of the happy future. May the innocence within their smiles as well as the innocence of their hearts remain forever unfaded.
- Wishing a joyous children’s day to every child in the world!God loves every child so much he creates all these with enthusiasm that is unthinkable.
- Really, children are blessings from heaven. If money could buy happiness, everyone would return to their childhood with all the money that they have. Childhood is amazing just like every child is.
- We feel joyful all of the time for having you as our child. You’re able to make all our pains go off with only a tiny smile of yours.
- Just with a peek at you, fills our hearts with endless joy and make us feel relieved from all of the anxieties of the world. Wishing you a happy children’s day!
- Every child is a wonder with each using their own manners make this world a gorgeous place for us. Happy children’s day !
- Your children require more time than presents you purchase for them. Let them know how special they are to you. Happy children’s day!
Top Inspiring Children’s Day Quotes by Jawaharlal Nehru
As they grow up, regrettably, their natural liberty is frequently eclipsed by teaching and behavior of elders. At educational institutes, they learn a lot of things, which can be no doubt helpful, but they gradually forget that the important thing to be kind and human, lively and make life more comfortable for others and ourselves.
The children of today will make the India of tomorrow. How we deliver up them will determine the future of the nation.
Children are like buds at a backyard and ought to be closely and carefully nurtured, since they are the future of the country and the taxpayers of tomorrow. Just through appropriate education can a better arrangement of society be built up.