The Chocolate Ice Cream Day is observed every 7th of June year. During this day, people celebrate by eating chocolate ice cream and also by dedicating their entire day to this special dessert. Chocolate ice cream is so delicious especially when syrup, whipped cream, or sprinkles are added into it. The experience is so much better also when this ice cream is eaten in a cone. Because of the extreme love of people for chocolate ice cream, a special day has been dedicated for it. People love to celebrate this event as much as they love to celebrate National Fig Newton Day. Lots of activities related to chocolate ice cream are conducted during this day.
Want to skip ahead to a particular section?
- 1 What is the Chocolate Ice Cream Day?
- 2 History of the Chocolate Ice Cream Day
- 3 What is the history of the chocolate ice cream?
- 4 What is the history of the chocolate ice cream day?
- 5 When is the Chocolate Ice Cream Day?
- 6 How to Celebrate the Chocolate Ice Cream Day?
- 7 Facts for the Chocolate Ice Cream Day
What is the Chocolate Ice Cream Day?
Chocolate ice cream is simply ice cream with chocolate as flavor. It is considered to be the second most popular flavor of ice cream next to vanilla. It even has lots of varieties including rocky road, chocolate mallows, double dutch, chocolate kisses, chocolate reeses, and more. Chocolate ice cream is made by mixing cocoa powder, vanilla, sugar, cream, and milk. But varieties can be made by adding specific ingredients. During the chocolate ice cream day, these varieties are made by people and eaten by them for the celebration. The purpose of this day is to encourage people to eat chocolate ice cream and also to give a good excuse for people who cannot eat ice cream to eat it on this day even just during this time.
History of the Chocolate Ice Cream Day
This day has quite a good history. Its roots can be traced back from when the chocolate ice cream was invented to when the day itself started.
What is the history of the chocolate ice cream?
Ice cream has a rich history in humankind. Some say that ice cream started in Europe when people made flavored ice using honey. It was then until people made ice cream similar to what we are consuming now to feel cool during the hot days. Unfortunately, ice cream during those times were expensive and so the rich ones were the only ones who can consume them.
For the chocolate ice cream, specifically, the records of the first frozen chocolate recipe can be found in a book called The Modern Steward which was published in Naples, Italy during 1692. The recipe then transformed into chocolate ice cream when it found its way through the United States. Now, we have lots of varieties of chocolate ice cream that people love to eat.
What is the history of the chocolate ice cream day?
Unfortunately, our extensive research is unable to find out how this day of celebration started, when did it start, and who is responsible for starting it in the first place. But one thing is for sure – this day was started so that people can dedicate one day for the chocolate ice cream which is a dessert that everyone loves to eat. Some people believe that this day might have been started by an ice cream manufacturer who wanted to increase ice cream sales.
When is the Chocolate Ice Cream Day?
This day is always celebrated on the 7th of June each year. This means that this year, we are all going to celebrate the Chocolate Ice Cream Day on June 7, 2019. And next year, people will be celebrating this event on June 7, 2020.
How to Celebrate the Chocolate Ice Cream Day?
Various activities are done be people to celebrate this special day. These activities include eating chocolate ice cream and making one.
Eat Varieties of Chocolate Ice Cream
One good thing to do for this day is to eat chocolate ice cream. You can eat the simple plain one or you can eat the grand one with unique flavor. Perhaps you can visit the ice cream parlor or the grocery store to buy a can or a cone of chocolate ice cream. You will surely love eating such a good one.
Make Your Own Chocolate Ice Cream
Or perhaps it’s better to create your own chocolate ice cream. It is actually easy to do so. You only need to have the right ingredients as well as a way to cool the mixture to be able to make ice cream. For sure, you will need some milk, chocolate, and cream to make this. Just follow an online recipe or a cookbook that will teach you how to make one.
Celebrate On Social Media
You can also take the celebration on social media. What you can do is to use the hashtag #ChocolateIceCreamDay to let your friends and followers know that you are participating in this special day.
Facts for the Chocolate Ice Cream Day
The day will not be celebrated to the max without you sharing some facts for this special day.
- Chocolate ice cream is the second most popular ice cream in the world. It is only next to vanilla.
- The most popular chocolate ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip.
- The American city that loves ice cream the most are San Antonio, New York, and San Francisco.
- The most popular ice cream topping is chocolate syrup.
- The tallest ice cream cone in the world was over 9 feet tall. It was scooped in Italy and contained the chocolate flavor.
- The invention of the chocolate ice cream is unclear. Even the invention of the ice cream itself is still vague according to historical accounts.
- America is one of the top 3 chocolate ice cream consumers in the World.
- Chocolate ice cream was invented before vanilla flavored ice cream.
- Chocolate ice cream used to be a luxury food not because of cocoa but because of the expensive sugar back in time.
- The first ice cream brought to space by astronauts was chocolate flavored.