The Gorgeous Grandma Day is celebrated every 23rd of July each year. This day gives recognition to all women of a certain age, whether or not they are actually grandmothers. Usually, the senior citizens are the ones we consider grandmothers as well as those whose children already have children.
About the Gorgeous Grandma Day
During the Gorgeous Grandma Day, people conduct various activities that let them show their appreciation to their ever beautiful grandmothers. No matter how wrinkled their skin are, they will always be considered pretty by their children and their grandchildren. That is why during this day, people bring their grandmas to the mall to go shopping. They also do some makeover with their grandmas so that they will look more beautiful as ever.
The Gorgeous Grandma Day was created by Alice Solomon in 1984. Her objective for creating such day is to recognize the abilities and accomplishments of all grandmas. This day also promotes beauty in grandmas – that no matter how old they become, they will always be beautiful inside and out.
As mentioned earlier, the Gorgeous Grandma Day is celebrated every July 23 each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Thursday, July 23, 2020
- Friday, July 23, 2021
- Saturday, July 23, 2022
- Sunday, July 23, 2023
- Tuesday, July 23, 2024
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the Gorgeous Grandma Day:
Your Grandma Has Been Your Second Mother
One good reason to participate in this day is that this is an ideal opportunity for you to show your appreciation to your grandmother who has stood by you as your second mother. She had always been there for you to give you advice and to literally take care of you, especially when your mother becomes unavailable for some reasons like work. Hence, it will just be right for you to celebrate this day in order to reciprocate this act your grandmother has given you.
Read Also: National Grandparents Day
Your Grandma Pampers You
Also a good reason to celebrate this day is that this is the perfect opportunity to give back all the pampering that your grandma has provided you. There are a lot of things you can do during this day in order to pamper your grandma. Some of them are discussed below.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Gorgeous Grandma Day as best as it can be:
Take Your Grandma to the Mall
A good idea for your celebration of this day is to take your grandma to the mall. There, you can do a lot of things that will allow you to spend time with your grandma in the best way possible. You can take her out for a shopping where you can buy her clothes and jewelry. It would also be fun if you can eat together and have a real chitchat about things in your lives.
Give Your Grandma a Card
Another good idea for your celebration of this day is to give a card to your grandma. You can buy a thank you card from a store which you can give to your grandma or you can make one on your own with a letter you composed yourself. For sure, your grandma will appreciate this, especially if you have written the letter with your whole heart.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #GorgeousGrandmaDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
- Grandma, your beauty is eternal. It will never fade away in my eyes. Happy Gorgeous Grandma Day!
- My Grandma rocks her looks now more than ever. She will always be an apply to my eyes. Happy Gorgeous Grandma Day to my ever beautiful Grandma!
- Grandma, thank you for your infinite love and wisdom. Happy Gorgeous Grand Day!
- Grandma, thank you for always spoiling me! Happy Gorgeous Grandma Day!
- Grandma, thank you for all you do for our family. Happy Gorgeous Grandma Day!
- Thanks to your unconditional love, I have shared many happy Moments by your side, so you have a very important place in my heart. Dear Grandma, I wish you a happy Gorgeous Grandma Day.
- I know that time has passed and that I am a grown woman now, but I fondly remember those moments in which you pampered me and gave me everything I wanted. My dear granny, I wish you much happiness in your day, the day of the gorgeous grandmothers with all my heart.
- When my Mom could not take care of me, she could always count on you, and I remember that by your side I got to enjoy many happy Moments. Thank you for everything dear Grandmother, I wish you all the best for Gorgeous Grandma Day.
- Happy Gorgeous Grandma Day! You are my Grandmother, but by receiving your love I can realize that you must have been a good Mother to my father. I wish you all the best on this day.
- God has blessed me with a wonderful Mother and best of all, she was raised by a wonderful Mother as well, and that is you dear Grandmother. I owe you much of what I am and I want you to spend a Happy Gorgeous Grandma Day.