The Happiness Happens Day is always celebrated on the 8th of August each year. This holiday is based on the assumption that happiness is contagious and has no limits. Thus, sharing one’s happiness can bring joy to a lot of people and influence their lives positively. Aside from that, this holiday also commemorates the day when the Secret Society of Happy People was founded. In the year 2000, the society expanded the celebration of being happiness and also declared the month of August as the Happiness Happens Month.
What is the Happiness Happens Day?
It was started by the Secret Society of Happy People. The aim of this day is to remind people that they can become even happier and that happiness can be achieved in many different ways, small or large. Hence, people celebrate this day by conducting various activities that will make them happy. Some eat the foods that they love, some bond with the people that they can share their happiness with, others feel happy when they are able to do their hobbies and commit to their interests during this day.
History of Happiness Happens Day
The Secret Society of Happy People is an organization that was founded in August 1998. The society was formed to celebrate happiness in all of its forms. The main founder is Pamela Gail Johnson. The headquarters of this society is located in Irving, Texas. According to Johnson, the society was established to assist people in fighting for their rights to become happy and express how happy they are no matter how loud they get. The society also encourages its members to recognize all of their happy moments in their lives. They have two mottos: first is “Happiness Happens” and second is “Don’t Even Think of Raining on My Parade”. The Society declared the eighth day of August as the Happiness Happens Day and also the entire month of August as the Happiness Happens Month.
When is Happiness Happens Day Celebrated?
This holiday is always held on August 8 each year. This means that the upcoming Happiness Happens Day will be celebrated on Thursday, August 8, . Next year, the same holiday will be celebrated on August 8, .
Why Celebrate Happiness Happens Day?
Everyone deserves to be happy. No one person should be prevented from experiencing the happiness that he or she wants. And so you should celebrate the Happiness Happens Day. You can do anything that you want to make yourself happy. It is your freedom, including how you want to express it. You can laugh as hard as you want or make jokes all day long. You have the privilege to do so. And so you should celebrate this special day.
How to Celebrate Happiness Happens Day?
The following are the best activities you can do to make your celebration of this day the best that it can be:
Do Something That Will Make You Happy
Perhaps the best thing to do for this day is to do something that will make you happy. Do your hobbies or eat your favorite food. You can also spend time with your loved ones and experience the happiness of doing so.
Spread Happiness Around You
Happiness is meant to be shared. For sure, people around you also share their happiness with you. Why not share yours? You can, for instance, do simple random acts of kindness and let people around you feel happy, whether you know them or not. They will do the same with other people. And this feeling will spread like wildfire, but in a good way. A ripple of happiness is what you just created.
Celebrate On Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. Whatever you do in celebrating this day, you can post it in your social media accounts and use the hashtag #HappinessHappensDay to let you friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. you can also participate in a social media campaign called HappyThon which is spearheaded by the Secret Society of Happy People.
Happiness Happens Day Quotes
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy. It’s all that matters.” –Audrey Hepburn
- “Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.” –Frank Tyger
- “Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” –Ernest Hemingway
- “Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun.” –Brian Wilson
- “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” –John Lennon
- “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
- “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” –Andrew Carnegie
- “In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change lies our happiness and freedom.” –Buddha
- “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” –Groucho Marx
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” –Charles Schulz
- “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.” –Carl Jung
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” –Dalai Lama
- “Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one’s values.” –Ayn Rand
- “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” –George Burns
- “Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.” –Mark Twain