In a world that sometimes seems divided, International Free Hugs Day offers a much-needed reminder of our shared humanity. This annual event, which takes place on the first Saturday in July, encourages people around the world to put aside their differences and connect with one another through the simple act of giving and receiving hugs. In this article, we’ll explore the origins of International Free Hugs Day, its significance, and how you can get involved.
Read Also: National Couple Day
About the International Free Hugs Day
During the International Free Hugs Day, people celebrate by conducting various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people give their families and friends some warm hugs. Others also give strangers some good hugs. People also shout out on social media how they are celebrating this event.
International Free Hugs Day History
Unfortunately, even with extensive research about this holiday, we are not sure as to how or when the International Free Hugs Day was founded. We cannot pinpoint exactly who was the person responsible for creating this event. But still, we can make a good guess as to why it was founded. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that people have become so busy and untrustworthy of others that it is time to spread the love by giving each other free hugs. And probably with that, the International Free Hugs Day was born.
When is International Free Hugs Day
As mentioned earlier, the International Free Hugs Day is celebrated every first Saturday of July each year.
The main reason why you should celebrate this day is to simply spread positivity and love for humanity. There are already a lot of negative things in the world and we want them not only to decrease but to also never happen again. Giving people hugs can be a great step towards eliminating such negativity. And so, you should participate in the celebration of this day and also encourage other people to do so.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the International Free Hugs Day as best as it can be:
Hug Your Friends and Family
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to hug your friends and family. Of course, when this day comes, they should be the first ones on your list of people to hug.
Give Free Hugs to Strangers
Or perhaps you can be one of those people who will wear a sign in public announcing that you are giving away “free hugs”. You should give people the warmest hug that you can give and tell them positive things that can brighten up their day.
Of course, you should also give yourself a hug. Pat yourself on the back and tell good things about yourself. Get a positive outlook on life and focus on better things.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #InternationalFreeHugsDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
- I want to be hugged today and every day. Happy International Free Hugs Day!
- Today is the International Free Hugs Day. If you hug someone today, they would be appreciative of the gesture. Hugs to you all.
- Happy International Free Hugs Day! Get ready to get the best hug ever!
- My mom is my favorite hugger in the entire world! Happy International Free Hugs Day!
- Everyone needs a hug! Even animals! Happy International Free Hugs Day
- Surround yourself with people you want to hug all day every day! Happy International Free Hugs Day!
- To all my lovely people wherever you are in the world, assure you my hug whenever you need it. Happy International Free Hugs Day!
- Cheer up someone today with your warm hug. Happy International Free Hugs Day!
- I love getting hugs from my tall Furry friends. Happy International Free Hugs Day!
- A couple can lead their life happily when they hug each other whenever in need. Happy International Free Hugs Day!
- A hug a day keeps the doctor away! Wishing you all a huggy day in this International Free Hugs Day!
- Do you know that a hug can stimulate your thymus gland, and can increase the production of white blood cells that keep us healthy and disease-free? Happy International Free Hugs Day!
- The sweetest hug for the sweetest people. I know my hug can surely make you warm. Happy International Free Hugs Day!
- A hug should be like you never met before or cannot meet ever! Happy International Free Hugs Day!
- It’s International Free Hugs Day! Hugging releases oxytocin, which can relieve stress and benefit heart health. Give your loved ones a hug today!