The Malbec World Day is known for its elegant, high quality, and diverse celebration. It is very much a wine celebration that a lot of people love to experience. There are so much activities conducted during this day that are related to wine making, tasting, and drinking. The holiday boasts itself for showcasing the most delicious wines in the world.
The Malbec World Day: All You Need To Know
The Malbec World Day is celebrated every 17th of April each year. This holiday is created by the Wines of Argentina with the purpose of making Argentine Malbec as one of the most prominent wine destinations in the world. During this holiday as well as the rest of the days in the month of April, various activities are carried across the main cities not just in the country but also all over the world in order to give honor and celebrate the success of the flagship grape that the country is very proud of.
The creator of the holiday is the Wines of Argentina. Their goal for creating this holiday is to make their country one of the best wine producers in the world. And that goal seems to have been achieved already. The holiday continues to become popular in various parts of the world. And the Wines of Argentina are gaining a lot of ground in terms of being known as one of the most delicious wines in the world.
Also Read: Idli Day
The Wines of Argentina is an organization responsible for making Argentine wine known all over the world. And in April 17, 2011, they started the Malbec World Day. It was Lis Clement, Head of Marketing and Communications, who founded this day thinking that the celebration will help make Malbec one of the best wines in Argentina. The celebration is warranted especially since Malbec wine is of excellent quality with extreme diversity and surprising taste. The celebration was able to pave the way towards making Argentina as one of the primary oenological centers in the world.
These days, more than sixty cities all over the world host events for the celebration of the Malbec World Day. They conduct activities that not only show the wines of Malbec but also those that show Argentine food and lifestyle. These events are coordinated by the Foreign Affairs Office of Argentina. The worldwide celebration located in different cities is done so that each city can be creative in how they will do their celebration. Even though Malbec was first planted in France, the peak of its development was reached in Argentina. It has then able to become one of the key players in the international wine industry.
When is the Malbec World Day?
The Malbec World Day is always celebrated on the 17th of April each year. This means that the holiday will happen on Saturday, April 17, next year. The year after that, people will be celebrating the same holiday on Sunday, April 17, 2022.
Facts about the Malbec World Day
Your celebration of the Malbec World Day will not be complete without you sharing some good facts about this day. The interesting facts for this day are the following:
- The date of this holiday commemorates the commissioning of Michel Pouget by Argentinian president Domingo Faustino Sarmiento to bring some new varieties of grapes from France to Argentina. This happened on April 17, 1853.
- The term Malbec World Day comes from the Spanish term Malbec Mondo which means Malbec throughout the World.
- According to scientific studies, drinking bits of red wine is healthy for people because the antioxidants contained in red wine can prevent the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases.
- Bordeaux red wine is made from the combination of Cabernet Sauvignon, Melot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Carmenere grapes, and Malbec.
- The colour of red wine comes from the pigment anthyocanin which is found in grape skins.
- Wine is constant proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy – Benjamin Franklin.
- Wine is bottled poetry – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Hatred or fear of wine is called “oenophobia”.
- According to the ancient epic of Gilgamesh, the tavern keeper and goddess of wine and beer is Siduri.
- The first known reference to a specific vintage wine was made by Roman historian Pliny the Elder who said 121 BC was “of the highest excellence”.
Malbec World Day Celebrations: Ideas & Activities
The primary reason why you should participate in the celebration of this holiday is that on top of the opportunity to taste the amazing and delicious Argentine wine, you can also join various activities conducted that are so fun and enjoyable. You can have fun with your family and friends. You can also meet new people, both locals and foreigners. There is lot to do for this day. And you will surely not miss all the good moments of this day.
How to Celebrate Malbec World Day?
As mentioned above, the activities involved in the Malbec World Day make this day so special and fun to celebrate. These activities are the following:
Wine Drinking Proper
The wine drinking activity is the most popular one for the day primarily because the Argentine wine is the one being celebrated here. You should participate in the Malbec wine drinking while you socialize with other people in the vicinity.
Before you go indulge yourself with wine drinking, you should first participate in wine tasting. Here, you get the opportunity to taste the various flavor of the delicious Argentine wine.
Accompanying the wine tasting and drinking activities is the opportunity to watch tango performances. This has been a staple thing to do for the celebration of this day.
Malbec World Day On Social Media
And of course, you should also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can perhaps share the hashtag #MalbecWorldDay to let your friends and followers know that you are taking part in the celebration of this holiday.