Mother’s Day in Mexico, also known as El Dia de la Madre, is a popular celebration for mothers and mother figures in the country of Mexico. It is celebrated every 10th of Mar each year.
About the Mother’s Day in Mexico
During this day, people celebrate by making their mothers and people who treat us mothers feel a lot special. They give them flowers, candies, chocolates, cards, and other presents that represent love, respect, and appreciation. People also show their love for their mothers and tell words that express such feelings. Most families celebrate this day by taking a day off from work and spending time with the whole family and together, they all make their mothers feel special.
The first-ever celebration of Mother’s Day in Mexico was held on May 10, 1992. Unfortunately, we do not know more about the origin of this special day – including the founder of this day. But still, the celebration is synonymous with the world’s celebration of Mother’s Day every year in the month of May. And we are sure that this day was founded so that Mexicans will be able to have an entire day of celebration dedicated to their loving mothers and mother figures.
As mentioned earlier, Mother’s Day in Mexico is held every 10th of May each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Sunday, May 10, 2015
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017
- Thursday, May 10,
- Friday, May 10,
- Sunday, May 10,
- Monday, May 10,
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Friday, May 10, 2024
- Saturday, May 10, 2025
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of Mother’s Day in Mexico:
To Thank Mothers
Of course, the main purpose of this kind of celebration is to give thanks to all mothers. They have taken good care of us ever since they started to conceive us in their womb. They nourish us and make us all feel safe and secure starting from the moment that we were born. Hence, it is just right for you to celebrate Mother’s Day in order to give back to all the good deeds that your mother has given you. People enjoy celebrating this day as much as they enjoy celebrating National Stepmom Day.
To Show Appreciation to Mothers
Whether or not you spend a lot of time with your mother, the unfortunate fact today is that people do not show much appreciation to their beloved mothers. People get too busy with their work or studies that they always forget to say to their mothers how much they love and appreciate them. Hence, you must celebrate this day to turn this fact around. This can be the starting day wherein you show your appreciation and love for your mother.
To Give Love to All Mother Figures
Maybe the woman who gave birth to you isn’t with you now —but it’s a good bet that there are other strong, influential women in your life. Mother figures come in many shapes. They can be your foster mother, stepmother, or any person who has treated you like their own son or daughter. Thus, you can celebrate this day with them and thank them for everything that they have done for you.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of Mother’s Day in Mexico as best as it can be:
Spend Time with Your Mom
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to spend time with your mom, especially if you do not have many opportunities to do so because of your work or studies. Spend this entire day with your mom. You can cook together, go to the mall together, eat together, and also update each other on how life’s been going. For sure, this is a day that your mother will really appreciate.
Also Read: Appreciate a Dragon Day
Give Your Mom a Gift and a Letter
You can also celebrate this day by giving your mom a gift and a letter that she will love to have. Perhaps you can ask her in advance the thing that she wants to have. You can then give that to her on the day of Mother’s Day along with a letter that you wrote wholeheartedly.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #MothersDayInMexico to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special and important day.
Mexican Greetings for Mother’s Day
- ¡Feliz día de las madres! (Happy Mother’s Day!)
- Gracias por todo lo que me has hecho (Thanks for all you’ve done for me)
- Estoy agradecido/agradecida por todo tu trabajo (I’m thankful for all your work)
- Eres la mejor mamá del mundo (You’re the best mom in the world)
- Mamita (An extra-affectionate way of saying mom)
- Te agradezco (I thank you)
- Te amo (I love you)
- Te admiro (I admire you)
- Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed, or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you. – Joel Osteen
- Some days, 24 hours is too much to stay put in, so I take the day hour by hour, moment by moment. I break the task, the challenge, the fear into small, bite-size pieces. I can handle a piece of fear, depression, anger, pain, sadness, loneliness, illness. I actually put my hands up to my face, one next to each eye, like blinders on a horse. – Regina Brett
- Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day. – Dalai Lama
- Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful. – Prince
- For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. – Steve Jobs