The National Boston Cream Pie Day is celebrated every 23rd of October each year. This day gives recognition to Boston cream pie – everyone’s favorite pastry. Boston Cream Pie is a yellow colored butter cake that is filled with either cream or custard. It is also topped with chocolate glaze. It is perfectly sweetened, making it perfect for dessert or snack. If you are a fan of Boston Cream Pie, do not miss the celebration of the National Boston Cream Pie Day.
About the National Boston Cream Pie Day
During the National Boston Cream Pie Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to bake their own Boston cream pie and share some with their family and friends. Other people prefer to buy some Boston cream pie from the bakery or pastry shop. This is especially done by students, workers, and those people who just don’t have the time to make their own Boston cream pie. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
The Boston cream pie was first invented by an Armenian-French chef named Sanzian in 1856. During that time, chocolate frosting was a relatively new idea. Because of that, the popularity of the pie took off. Even up to this day, the Boston cream pie remains a popular pastry. In fact, it is the official dessert in Massachusetts.
When it was still relatively new, the pie was made from French butter sponge cake that is filled with thick custard. It is also brushed with rum syrup. It is coated with almonds on the side and topped with white chocolate fondue. Although many other custard cakes already existed that time, chocolate coating was relatively new. The pastry then was considered unique and a popular choice in the menu.
Also Check: National Rum Day
With limited knowledge about the origin of Boston cream pie, even less is known about the history of the National Boston Cream Pie Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that Boston cream pie is much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Boston Cream Pie Day is celebrated every 23rd of October each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Friday, October 23,
- Saturday, October 23,
- Sunday, October 23, 2022
- Monday, October 23, 2023
- Wednesday, October 23, 2024
- Thursday, October 23, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Boston Cream Pie Day as best as it can be:
Make Boston Cream Pie
One great idea for your celebration of this day is to make your own Boston Cream Pie. Fortunately for you, there are many tutorials on that on the internet and cookbooks. Moreover, the ingredients needed to make Boston cream pie can be easily found in grocery stores and supermarkets.
Buy Some Boston Cream Pie
Another good idea for your celebration of this wonderful day is to order some Boston cream pie from the bakery or pastry shop. For sure, these stores will be offering lots of these pies during or even before the event because they expect that a great demand for this pastry will come due to the celebration. Just make sure to buy one or some from a bakery or pastry shop that offers delicious Boston cream pie. A renowned pastry shop or bakery will do. This alternative is best for people who want to indulge themselves into some delicious Boston cream pie yet they do not have the time to make some for themselves.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalBostonCreamPieDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- I gave her a Boston cream pie, even though we were in Seattle at the time. ― Jarod Kintz,
- A boy doesn’t have to go to war to be a hero; he can say he doesn’t like pie when he sees there isn’t enough to go around. – E. W. Howe
- My biggest fantasy was to have a pie thrown in my face, and I always said whoever did that, that’s the guy I’d marry. – Sarah Shahi
- So the pie isn’t perfect? Cut it into wedges. Stay in control, and never panic. – Martha Stewart
- I like making pies. I have a bunch of fruit trees in my backyard. My loquat tree sprouted, and I like making loquat pie. They’re really hard to peel and everything, and it took me forever, but they make the best pies. They’re amazing. – Kristen Stewart
- The man for me is the cherry on the pie. But I’m the pie and my pie is good all by itself. Even if I don’t have a cherry. – Halle Berry
- Everyone has a favourite cake, pastry, pudding or pie from when they were kids. – Paul Hollywood
- The differences between a tart, a pie and a quiche are a blur. – Yotam Ottolenghi
- I like to make pies. That’s kind of my new obsession – peach, blueberry, apple, strawberry. I make a really good pumpkin pie with real pumpkin. – Morgan Saylor
- I wanted to be in the FBI. I also wanted to be a pie salesman. – Shirley Temple