The National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day is celebrated every 4th of August every year. This day gives everyone the opportunity to indulge themselves in their favorite chocolate chip cookies. They are encouraged to consume these sweet and tasty treats by themselves or with a glass of milk to pour those on.
About the National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day
During National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own version of chocolate chip cookies by using their preferred ingredients. Others buy some from the bakeries or pastry shops. People also shout out in their social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram how they are celebrating this day.
Also Read: National Oreo Day
Historical records show that Ruth Graves Wakefield is the inventor of chocolate cookies in 1937. The discovery was, however, only serendipitous. She made use of semi-sweet chocolate to blend into the dough, making these tasty chocolate chip cookies.
On the other hand, with regards to the National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, we don’t know much about how it began. We also don’t know who founded such an event. But still, we can make a good guess as to why this celebration began. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that maybe everyone has come to love chocolate chip cookies so it would just be right to start an event for it, for we already have a lot of food holidays around and we don’t want chocolate chip cookies to get left behind. Millions of people take part in this day celebrations & the same World Baking Day
As mentioned earlier, the National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day is celebrated every 4th of August every year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Tuesday, August 4,
- Wednesday, August 4,
- Thursday, August 4, 2022
- Friday, August 4, 2023
- Sunday, August 4, 2024
- Monday, August 4, 2025
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day:
They are Delicious
First good reason why you should celebrate this day is that chocolate chip cookies are so delicious. There wouldn’t have been any holiday for it had it not been for its amazing taste. For sure, if you indulge yourself in these sweet desserts during the event, you will be extremely fulfilled.
They are Easy to Make
Also, a good reason to celebrate the day is that making or baking chocolate chip cookies is very easy. Only a few ingredients are needed. You only have to shape the cookies and then bake them in the oven. Afterward, they are ready to be served.
They Make for Perfect Gifts
Another good reason to celebrate this day is that chocolate chip cookies are ideal gifts to almost anyone. If you give someone these cookies, they will be so happy. They will be even happier if you give them these gifts during the vent.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day:
Bake Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
Of course, nothing would beat baking chocolate chip cookies as the best activity to do for this day. Hence, you should grab the ingredients from the grocery to make some for yourself. If you don’t know how to make these treats, there are a lot of guides and instructions online that can teach you how to make chocolate chip cookies.
Give Gifts to Your Loved Ones
Sharing is caring, right? So why not make your celebration of this day a lot more fun by wrapping those chocolate chip cookies that you have made and gifting them to your loved ones, including your family and friends. Just set some aside for yourself to indulge in later.
Order Some from the Bakery
If you don’t have time to make some chocolate chip cookies, then you can just purchase some from the bakery or pastry shop. For sure, these stores will be offering lots of these during the day because they expect a great demand for these goods during the day of the celebration.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalChocolateChipCookieDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day Quotes
- Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues. – Woody Paige
- Number one, I absolutely love making chocolate chip cookies. I mean, it’s fun. It’s exciting. Beyond the fact that I love making them, I love eating them. – Debbi Fields
- I love chocolate chip cookies – really anything with chocolate will do! – Laura Wilkinson
- In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips. – Salman Rushdie
- If you can’t change the world with chocolate chip cookies, how can you change the world? – Pat Murphy
- I love watching keep-fit videos while munching chocolate chip cookies. – Dolly Parton
- If I had any choice in the matter, I’d stay in my comfy bed and eat warm chocolate chip cookies all day. – Simone Elkeles
- I will never get tired of making chocolate chip cookies. Never. – Danielle Campbell
- I look out the window and I see the lights and the skyline and the people on the street rushing around looking for action, love, and the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie, and my heart does a little dance. – Nora Ephron
- When we think of classic American desserts, we tend to imagine apple pie and ice cream. However, the most classic American dessert of all might be the chocolate chip cookie. – Homaro Cantu
- It’s all about what you feel on the inside – and I’m feeling like a chocolate chip cookie because I had about ten of them last night! – Amber Benson
- I think the kazoo and chocolate-chip cookies have a lot in common. All you need is a mouth to appreciate either one. – Wally Amos