National Oatmeal Muffin Day is celebrated every 19th of December each year. This day gives recognition to oatmeal muffins – everyone’s favorite muffin flavor. Muffins look very similar to cupcakes. Oatmeal muffin, in particular, is popular for its health benefits, just because it contains oatmeal and other ingredients like nuts, raisins, and berries. If you are a fan of oatmeal muffins or if you just love consuming this delicious pastry, then you must not miss out on the celebration of the National Oatmeal Muffin Day.
About the National Oatmeal Muffin Day
Oatmeal muffin is known for its health benefits, with oatmeal being beneficial to the heart. This is the reason why a lot of people consume oatmeal muffins for breakfast. During the National Oatmeal Muffin Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own oatmeal muffins at home. Other people prefer to buy some oatmeal muffins from a bakery or pastry shop that sells it. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
Read Also: National Egg Nog Day
National Oatmeal Muffin Day History
The muffins in America are similar in shape and size to the standard cupcake. It was during the mid-1800s when recipes for making oatmeal muffin started to pop out. Some other ingredients that are added in oatmeal muffin include blueberries, bananas, and raisins. Nuts are also added as well, which makes the muffin more beneficial to one’s health.
With limited knowledge about the origins of oatmeal muffin, even less is known about the history of the National Oatmeal Muffin Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such an event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that oatmeal muffins are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
National Oatmeal Muffin Day Dates
As mentioned earlier, National Oatmeal Muffin Day is celebrated every 19th of December each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Saturday, December 19, 2020
- Sunday, December 19, 2021
- Monday, December 19, 2022
- Tuesday, December 19, 2023
- Thursday, December 19, 2024
- Friday, December 19, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Oatmeal Muffin Day as best as it can be:
Make Some Oatmeal Muffin Yourself
Obviously, the best thing to do for your celebration of this day is to make oatmeal muffin. To do that, follow the steps below:
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 and a quarter cup of all purpose flour
- Half teaspoon of baking soda
- Half teaspoon of all purpose flour
- Half teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Half teaspoon of salt
- Half cup of melted and cooled unsalted butter
- Half cup of honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Combine the oats and milk in a cup or bowl. Set this aside for 20 minutes. Doing this will soak and puff up the oats. Remember to do this correctly since this one is crucial.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Prepare a muffin pan then spray with nonstick spray. Or, you can just prepare a cupcake liner.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, powdered cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl. Set this aside.
- On a separate bowl, whisk all the remaining wet ingredients (except the soaked oats).
- Pour the bowl of wet ingredients over the bowl of dry ingredients. If you like, you can mix in some more oats and a coconut sugar (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Check if well-baked using a toothpick.
- Cool for 5 minutes the remove the muffins from the pan. Cool for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the oatmeal muffins and enjoy! You can keep any leftovers in the fridge.
Buy Oatmeal Muffin from the Restaurant
Another good idea for your celebration of this wonderful day is to order some oatmeal muffin from the bakery or pastry shop. For sure, these stores will be offering lots of these baked goods during or even before the event because they expect that a great demand for this muffin will come due to the celebration. Just make sure to buy one or some from a bakery or pastry shop that offers delicious oatmeal muffins. A renowned pastry shop or bakery will do. This alternative is best for people who want to indulge themselves into some delicious oatmeal muffins yet they do not have the time to make some for themselves.
National Oatmeal Muffin Day Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalOatmealMuffinDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
National Oatmeal Muffin Day Quotes
- One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them. – Oscar Wilde
- People get so in the habit of worry that if you save them from drowning and put them on a bank to dry in the sun with hot chocolate and muffins they wonder whether they are catching cold. – John Jay Chapman
- Its always nice to have a stud muffin at the table. – Janet Evanovich
- A film is just like a muffin. You make it. You put it on the table. One person might say, ‘Oh, I don’t like it.’ One might say it’s the best muffin ever made. One might say it’s an awful muffin. It’s hard for me to say. It’s for me to make the muffin. – Denzel Washington
- Sometimes I think more creativity is put into muffin recipes than into the rest of society combined. – Jerry Seinfeld
- Any cupcake consumed before 9AM is, technically, a muffin. – Brian P. Cleary
- Well, I can’t eat muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would probably get on my cuffs. – Oscar Wilde
- Mive me liberty! Or a bran muffin! – Colin Mochrie
- A book reads the better which is our own, and has been so long known to us, that we know the topography of its blots, and dog’s ears, and can trace the dirt in it to having read it at tea with buttered muffins. – Charles Lamb
- You don’t get tired of muffins, but you don’t find inspiration in them. – George Bernard Shaw