National Puppy Day is celebrated every 23rd of March each year. Puppies are cute little animals. A lot of people fall in love with puppies because of their cute appearance and funny behavior. Puppies are the first form of dogs that people fall in love with. Though they still remain cute when they have become full grown. Puppies bring joy to us humans. They even relieve us from stress due to work or school. Because of our love for puppies and to give back that love that they deserve, we all celebrate the National Puppy Day every year.
- 1 What day is National Puppy Day?
- 2 Why do we celebrate?
- 3 How do you celebrate?
- 4 3 Ways to Celebrate National Puppy Day
- 5 13 Famous Quotes
What day is National Puppy Day?
The National Puppy Day is celebrated every 23rd of March each year. During this day, people celebrate by doing various activities that let them express their love for their puppies. Most people go to pet salons to pamper their puppies by giving them new fur cut, nail clippings, and more. Others spend their day with their puppies in the park where their pets can freely roam around the area. People also take advantage of this day to teach their puppies some stunts including sitting and rolling on the floor. They also show how proud they are of their puppies by posting pictures of them on social media.
Why do we celebrate?
The National Puppy Day was created by Collen Paige, an animal behaviorist, back in 2006. She founded this day to make people spend quality time with their puppies and more importantly, to make people adopt puppies without a family and continue the work towards ending puppy mills and farms.
As mentioned earlier, the National Puppy Day is always celebrated on the 23rd of March every year. This means that the dates of the National Puppy Day are as follows:
- Saturday, March 23, 2020
- Monday, March 23, 2020
- Tuesday, March 23, 2021
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022
- Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Saturday, March 23, 2024
- Sunday, March 23, 2025
- Monday, March 23, 2026
- Tuesday, March 23, 2027
- Thursday, March 23, 2028
How do you celebrate?
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Puppy Day:
To Get a New Puppy
If you don’t have a pet dog, then celebrating this day is a good idea for you because this is the best time to get a new puppy. You can buy one from a pet store or adopt one from an animal care center. For sure, you will not regret getting the puppy that you like because finally you will be able to have someone who can accompany you in your daily life.
To Spend Quality Time with Your Baby Dog
If you have a puppy, then you should definitely celebrate this day to be able to have a quality time with him or her. You can do various activities that will let you enjoy your time with your pet dog. You can go to the park and play with him or her or you can just stay at home and cuddle with your puppy.
To Advocate for the Rights of Puppies
As cute as they are, not all puppies are treated nicely by humans. There are puppy mills where dogs are kept for the sole purpose of breeding and selling their babies. They are treated as dog-making machines who do not experience fun and living their lives as animals in this planet. The National Puppy Day majorly advocates to stop the operation of these puppy mills. If you care for these pet animals, then you should celebrate this day and campaign for the halt of such places.
3 Ways to Celebrate National Puppy Day
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Puppy Day as best as it can be:
Walk Your Puppy
You can have a good time spending this day by simply walking your puppy. Not only will this allow your puppy to view the outside environment but will also give him or her an exercise that he or she needs. You can also go to the park to be able to play with your puppy. A good game to play is Frisbee catching.
Go to an Adoption Center
You can also spend this day in a good way by going to an adoption center where you can adopt a new puppy. The sad thing about these animal adoption centers is that there are already to many puppies being taken care of by them. You can help them by adopting one or encouraging a friend or family member to adopt some. If you cannot go for the adoption because you already have dogs at home, then you can just donate some cash for the animal shelters to buy the things that the dogs need.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalPuppyDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
13 Famous Quotes
- “Everything I know I learned from dogs.” – Nora Roberts
- “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charles Shultz
- “Every dog must have his day.” – Jonathan Swift
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”– Josh Billings
- “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.” – Gilda Radner
- “When I needed a hand, I found your paw.” – Unknown
- “Everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong.” – Unknown
- “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, and filling an emptiness we didn’t ever know we had.” – Thom Jones
- “Love is a four legged word.” – Unknown
- “The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
- “Some of our greatest historical and artistic treasures we place with curators in museums; others we take for walks.” – Roger A. Caras