The National Root Beer Float Day is celebrated every 6th of August of the year. It honors and gives recognition to a treat that everybody seems to love – root beer float – which is made from an ice-cold frothy root beer with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. This creamy treat has been loved by generations.
About the National Root Beer Float Day
During the National Root Beer Float Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of this special day. For one, people make amazing root beer floats using their favorite brands of root beer and vanilla ice cream. Other people go as far as throwing a root beer float party to have a fun celebration with their friends and family. People also shout out on social media how they are celebrating this event.
The root beer float is also known as black cow. Its history can be traced back to Frank J. Wisner from Cripple Creek, Colorado. He was the owner of Cripple Creek Cow Mountain, which was a gold mining company.
One peaceful night, while staring at the moon, he was thinking about something new to give to the citizens of Cripple Creek. Out of nowhere, he thought about adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a root beer. He liked the result and served it to the people immediately the next day. It was an instant hit. The rest is history.
Though we know quite a lot about the origin of the root beer float, the same is not true about the National Root Beer Float Day. We don’t know how this event started or even who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such a celebration exists. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that root beer floats have been loved by generations. With all the food holidays that exist, they might have thought why there is none dedicated to root beer floats. And maybe with that, the National Root Beer Float Day was born.
As mentioned earlier, the National Root Beer Float Day is celebrated every 6th of August each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Thursday, August 6,
- Friday, August 6,
- Saturday, August 6, 2022
- Sunday, August 6, 2023
- Tuesday, August 6, 2024
- Wednesday, August 6, 2025
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Root Beer Float Day:
It is Delicious
Of course, the main reason why you should celebrate this event is that root beer float is simply amazing and its tastes great. For sure, this drink will quench any thirst or sugar craving you may have. No doubt why such an event exists for it.
Check Also: Cow Appreciation Day
It is Easy to Make
Another good reason to celebrate this day is that root beer floats are very easy to make. You only need two ingredients and a mug or a cup where you can combine the two.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Root Beer Float Day as best as it can be:
Make Your Own Root Beer Float
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to make your own root beer float. It is so easy to make. You just need to prepare your favorite brand of root beer and a can of vanilla ice cream. After pouring ice-cold root beer in a mug, put a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream on top. With that, serve and enjoy.
Throw a Root Beer Float Party
You can make your celebration much more socialized by throwing a root beer float party where you can invite your friends and relatives to join you. Make the main drink the root beer float and prepare some foods that you guys can snack on. For sure, this party will be a blast.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalRootBeerFloatDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
National Root Beer Float Day Quotes
- Cloud root beer floats and moon grilled cheeses. But their favorite food is stardust. ― Michelle Cuevas
- There is more similarity in the marketing challenge of selling a precious painting by Degas and a frosted mug of root beer than you ever thought possible. – A. Alfred Taubman
- The egg creams of Avenue A in New York and the root beer float….are among the high points of American gastronomic inventiveness. – Mark Kurlansky
- So long as a man attends to his business the public does not count his drinks. When he fails they notice if he takes even a glass of root beer. – Corra May Harris
- A bee rose up from a sun-filled paper cup, off to make slum honey from some diet root beer it had found inside. – Nicholson Baker
- I use dull colors in my drawings because I started out using a root beer base because it seemed like an interesting idea and when it turned out that it worked quite well as an ink I started using other colors that would compliment it. – Marcel Dzama
- I haven’t had a very good day. I think I might still be hung over and everyone’s dead and my root beer’s gone. – Holly Black