National Cow Appreciation Day, also known as Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day is celebrated annually on the second Tuesday of July. The day encourages people to prefer chicken over beef; and love and appreciate cows. Cow Appreciation Day 2020 falls on Tuesday, July 14th.
The United States of America is one of the largest consumers of beef in the world. So, Cow Appreciation Day has been established to urge people to eat more chicken or at least limit consumption of beef for a day.
Craving a delicious chicken? Dress in your cow costumes as America’s popular fast-food chain Chick-fil-A is offering free chicken fast food in honor of Cow Appreciation Day. Started by Chick-fil-A in 2005, the day has now grown to more farms and restaurants who are moved by bovines.
Cow Appreciation Day
|A Chick-fil-A food holiday encouraging people to eat chicken over beef|
Second Tuesday of July
|Upcoming Date:||Tuesday 14 July 2020|
Get free entrée meals from Chick-fil-A
Food Holiday – Awareness Holiday
National Cow Appreciation Day, World Cow Appreciation Day, Annual Cow Appreciation Day, CFA Cow Appreciation Day, Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day
United States of America
- 1 When Cow Appreciation Day Celebrated?
- 2 Who Created Cow Appreciation Day?
- 3 Objectives of Cow Appreciation Day
- 4 What Happens on Cow Appreciation Day?
- 5 What Free Entree Food Do You Get On Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A Restaurant?
- 6 Cow Appreciation Day Celebration & Free Entrée Food Hours @ Chick-fil-A
- 7 Celebration Ideas & Activities
- 8 Rules of Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day
- 9 FAQs about Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day
- 10 Happy Cow Appreciation Day Quotes
When Cow Appreciation Day Celebrated?
Cow Appreciation Day is always celebrated on the second Tuesday of July. The upcoming Cow Appreciation Day falls on Tuesday, 14 July, 2020 – celebrating the 16th annual anniversary of Chick-fil-A’s Cow Appreciation Day – since its inception in 2005.
|Cow Appreciation Day||2020||July 9||Tuesday|
|Cow Appreciation Day||2020||July 14||Tuesday|
|Cow Appreciation Day||2021||July 13||Tuesday|
|Cow Appreciation Day||2022||July 12||Tuesday|
|Cow Appreciation Day||2023||July 11||Tuesday|
|Cow Appreciation Day||2024||July 9||Tuesday|
|Cow Appreciation Day||2025||July 8||Tuesday|
Who Created Cow Appreciation Day?
Cow Appreciation Day was created by Chick-fil-A — an American fast-food restaurant — in 2005. Americans consume a large amount of beef, so CFA created this day to brainwash people to eat chicken products and also started offering free chicken so that people eat more chicken and that too from their restaurant.
Since the holiday’s inception in 2005, Chick-fil-A has introduced different slogans, commercials, and campaigns – both to encourage people to consume chicken over beef and publicize their restaurant company by offering free breakfast, lunch and dinner entrées to those who show up in their bovine best!
Objectives of Cow Appreciation Day
With the creation of Cow Appreciation Day, Chick-fil-A wants to achieve the following objectives:
- Brainwash people to prefer chicken over beef
- Popularize the benefits of eating chicken over beef
- Limit consumption of beef
- Publicize or create a buzz for their fast food restaurant chain by giving away free Chick-fil-A entrée meals
What Happens on Cow Appreciation Day?
National Cow Appreciation Day by Chick-fil-A is widely celebrated in the United States of America. On this day, tons of people show up in cow attires at their nearest Chick-fil-A food chains to get free entrée meals. All the branches of CFA are jam-packed with kids and adults who are here to enjoy their free fast-food meals while being dressed as a cow.
What Free Entree Food Do You Get On Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A Restaurant?
Breakfast Entrées Include:
- Egg White Grill
- Chick-fil-A Chicken Biscuit
- Buttered Biscuit
- Sunflower Multigrain Bagel
- Chick-n-Minis (4 counts)
- Chicken or Sausage-Hash Brown Scramble Bowl
- Chicken or Sausage-Hash Brown Scramble Burrito
- Chicken or Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel
- Bacon or Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffin
Lunch/Dinner Entrées Include:
- Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich
- Chick-fil-A Chicken Deluxe Sandwich
- Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Deluxe Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap
- Chick-fil-A Nuggets (8 or 12-count)
- Chick-fil-A Grilled Nuggets (8- or 12-count)
- Chick-n-Strips (3 or 4-count)
Kid’s Meal Includes:
- Chick-n-Strips (1- or 2-count) Kid’s Meal
- Chick-fil-A Nuggets (4- or 6-count) Kid’s Meal
- Grilled Nugget (4- or 6-count) Kid’s Meal
Cow Appreciation Day Celebration & Free Entrée Food Hours @ Chick-fil-A
The Annual Cow Appreciation Day falls on the second Tuesday of July. The celebration and distribution of free entrée meals start when Chick-fil-A restaurants open (usually at 6 a.m. morning) through 7:00 pm at night.
- Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day Hours: 6 a.m. till 7:00 p.m.
- Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day Breakfast Hours: 6 a.m. till 10:30 a.m.
- Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day Lunch Hours: 10:30 a.m. till 7:00 p.m.
Celebration Ideas & Activities
1). Head to your nearest Chick-fil-A restaurant. Obviously, the best way to celebrate Cow Appreciation Day is to dress in a cow costume, visit your nearest CFA brand and satisfy your chicken cravings by munching on delicious breakfast or lunch entrées, free of cost.
2). Arrange a cow costume. The No.1 rule for getting a free CFA entrée on Cow Appreciation Day is showing up in a cow outfit, so make sure you get yourself one. You can either purchase a costume or make your own at home. Even a simple shirt with a cow’s picture on it, a cow face mask, or a plain white shirt with black polka dots or patches will work just perfectly.
3). Visit A Cattle Farm. Since the day is also about appreciating and loving cows, so you can visit a cattle farm to spend time with the cows, and caress and feed them.
Rules of Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day
To get free Breakfast or Lunch entrée at Chick-fil-A on Cow Appreciation Day, you need to fulfill the following requirements and abide by these rules:
- Wear something cow-like. You can make or buy your cow costume or any sort of cow apparel
- Wear your cow costume to your favorite Chick-fil-A between opening and 7 p.m.
- Receive a free Breakfast Entree, Lunch Entree, or Kid’s Meal. Children who dress up will also get a free kids meal
- *Free entrées for cow appreciation day can not be redeemed with the app
FAQs about Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day
Happy Cow Appreciation Day Quotes
- “One can quite understand vegetarianism. One can quite understand meat-eating. But it is difficult to understand why a person who is a flesh-eater should object to one kind of flesh, namely cow’s flesh. This is an anomaly which calls for explanation.” — B. R. Ambedkar
- “Moo may represent an idea, but only the cow knows.” — Mason Cooley
- “My cow is not pretty, but it is pretty to me.” — David Lynch
- “I don’t want any vegetables, thank you. I paid for the cow to eat them for me.” — Douglas Coupland
- “Of course black lives matter. All lives matter. I stopped eating meat because their lives matter to me. I don’t think it’s necessary for us to grow a cow to kill it.” — Rza
- “Cows are amongst the gentlest of breathing creatures; none show more passionate tenderness to their young when deprived of them; and, in short, I am not ashamed to profess a deep love for these quiet creatures.” — Thomas De Quincey