The National Superhero Day is celebrated every 28th of April each year. This day aims to honor all superheroes, both fictional and real. There are tons of heroes that we know with the most popular ones including Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Iron Man, Captain America, Spiderman, and The Hulk. These are fictional superheroes that appear in movies and comics. On the other hand, we also have real life superheroes who have done a lot to save humans and improve our lives. They include police officers, military personnel, firefighters, and more.
About the National Superhero Day
During the National Superhero Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the goals and objectives of this day. For one, people celebrate the day in a fun way by dressing up as their favorite superheroes. They also read their favorite superhero comics and watch their favorite superhero movies. People also post on their social media accounts about how they spend their celebration of this day.
The National Superhero Day was created by Marvel employees on April 28, 1995. Their purpose for founding such day is to honor all those who serve and protect to fight evil. While the day celebrates all known fictional superheroes, it also aims to recognize all real life superheroes who protect us all from harm.
As mentioned earlier, the National Superhero Day is celebrated every 28th of April each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020
- Wednesday, April 28, 2021
- Thursday, April 28, 2022
- Friday, April 28, 2023
- Sunday, April 28, 2024
Why Celebrate Superhero Day
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Superhero Day:
Superheroes Teach Us Valuable Lessons in Life
One good reason why you should celebrate this day is that superheroes teach us valuable lessons in life. They are not just action superheroes who do the saving. They also teach us all about bravery and importance of saving someone’s life as well as saving ours. Even in the comic books we read or the movies that we watch which feature superheroes, they state lines that could inspire us all (some of these are shown in the list of quotes at the end of the article).
Superheroes Inspire Us
Another good reason to celebrate this day is that superheroes inspire us. There are many kinds of superheroes, each with a different value which we could learn something from. This is something worth celebrating during this special day.
We Can All Be Heroes
Even if you don’t have superpowers, you can be a superhero. We can all be superheroes. We just need to uphold values that will make us be brave and willing to put our lives at stake for the goodness of the many. Hence, you should celebrate this day not only to commemorate the brave superheroes we know but also to bring out the superhero in us.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Superhero Day as best as it can be:
Throw a Cosplay Party
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to throw a cosplay party. Here, you can invite your friends and relatives over to dress up in their favorite superhero costume and enjoy the party with you. Just don’t forget to prepare delicious foods and tasty drinks.
Participate in a Superhero Film Festival
Another good idea for your celebration of this day is to participate in a superhero film festival. Here, you get the opportunity to watch all your favorite superhero films. If you still haven’t watched some of the most popular ones, this is your chance to do so. You could also try to watch documentaries about real life superheroes.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can for instance, use the hashtag #NationalSuperheroDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
National Superhero Day Inspirational Quotes
- “It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.” – Batman
- “The answers you seek shall be yours, once I claim what’s mine.” – Thor
- “If there is nothing but what we make in this world, brothers…let us make it good.” – Beta Ray Bill
- “What is a superhero? They’re supposed to represent hope, opportunity, and strength for everybody.” – Aldis Hodge
- “Intelligence is a privilege, and it needs to be used for the greater good of people.”– Dr. Octopus
- “Heroes are made by the path they choose, not the powers they are graced with.”– Iron Man
- “This. This is what I am. This is who I am come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I’ve ever done. Everything I’ve ever fought for.” – Green Arrow
- “A hero can be anyone even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn’t ended.” – Ben Affleck
- “You’re going to make a difference. A lot of times it won’t be huge, it won’t be visible even. But it will matter just the same.” – James Gordon
- “With great power, comes great responsibility.” – Spiderman
- . “I think you just have to appreciate who you are and hopefully they can see what a superhero is about.” – Lucy Liu
- “One of the reasons why Spider-Man is my favorite superhero is because we both undergo big changes in our lives.” – Tom Holland
- “No man can win every battle, but no man should fall without a struggle.”– Peter Parker
- “The future is worth it. All the pain. All the tears. The future is worth the fight.” –Martian Manhunter
- “The Universe is so big, it has no center. We are the center.” – Ms. Marvel
- “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man
- “Superheroes were born in the minds of people desperate to be rescued.” ― Jodi Picoult