The National White Chocolate Day is celebrated every 22nd of September every year. This special food holiday gives you the opportunity to satisfy your sugar cravings. You can indulge yourself into a creamy white chocolate that melts in your mouth. You can also choose any food or dessert that has a white chocolate flavor and be happy binging on it.
About the National White Chocolate Day
During the National White Chocolate Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people spend time eating bars of white chocolate. They also try to make other desserts that have a white chocolate flavor. Other people prefer to buy some white chocolate-flavored pastry from a bakery or a pastry shop. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
Just like dark and milk chocolate, white chocolate is also made from cocoa, however it does not contain any cocoa solids. While manufacturing white chocolate, the dark colored solids of cocoa are separated from the fat contents. These solids are reincorporated in making dark chocolates and milk chocolates but not in white chocolate. This means that white chocolate does not contain much antioxidants and caffeine. Furthermore, less health benefits for white chocolate.
The first white chocolate bar was launched by Nestle in Europe during the 1930s. They go by the names Galak and Milkybar. White chocolate most commonly came in the forms of fudge and candy bars. But they also come in the form of liquid, truffle, ganache, chip, and liquor.
With limited knowledge about the origins of white chocolate, even less is known about the history of the National White Chocolate Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such an event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that white chocolate is much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
Related Day: National Chocolate Cake Day
As mentioned earlier, the National White Chocolate Day is celebrated every 22nd of September each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Friday, September 22, 2023
- Sunday, September 22, 2024
- Monday, September 22, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National White Chocolate Day as best as it can be:
Binge on White Chocolate Bars
One great idea for your celebration of this day is to indulge yourself into eating delicious white chocolate bars. You can eat them as a snack or have them as your dessert after a meal. You can also eat them while you binge watch on your favorite tv series or movie. They will surely satisfy your sugar cravings.
Make Some White Chocolate Recipes
Another good idea to celebrate this day is to make some dishes or meals with white chocolate as flavor. You can make white chocolate truffles, white chocolate ganache, white chocolate ice cream, or even a white chocolate cake. You can search online for any recipe that would enable you to make a white chocolate flavored food. For sure, you will see lots and lots of these that it would be difficult for you to pick one.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalWhiteChocolateDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
National White Chocolate Day Quotes
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ― Charles M. Schulz
- “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” ― Linda Grayson
- “Will looked horrified. “What kind of monster could possibly hate chocolate?” ― Cassandra Clare
- “Happiness. Simple as a glass of chocolate or tortuous as the heart. Bitter. Sweet. Alive.” ― Joanne Harris, Chocolat
- “Don’t wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty. Chocolate isn’t like premarital sex. It will not make you pregnant. And it always feels good.” ― Lora Brody
- “Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.” ― Jo Brand
- “Chocolate says “I’m sorry” so much better than words.” ― Rachel Vincent, My Soul to Save
- “Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain.” ― Dave Barry
- “Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.” ― Fernando Pessoa
- “What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate.” ― Katharine Hepburn