The International No Diet Day is celebrated every year on the 6th of May. This day is dedicated to all the people who have become so conscious of their diets. This day encourages everyone to eat healthy foods and indulge themselves in their favorite dishes as freely as they can. This day also promotes body positivity and loves your body whatever shape it is. This day is for everyone, regardless of body type and body size.
Read Also: International Day without diets
About the International No Diet Day
The International No Diet Day is celebrated to raise awareness about unhealthy diets and their harmful effects. This day also acknowledges the beauty and diversity of all body types. This day also raises awareness on various eating disorders including bulimia and anorexia nervosa. That is why during this day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives of this event. For one, people feast on their favorite foods. They go astray from their usual diet in this special day to indulge themselves in their favorite dishes and meals, including their favorite sweet treats. People also shout out on social media how they celebrate the event.
This day was created by Mary Evans in 1992 for people to appreciate their own bodies. Evans herself suffered from anorexia. She thus started an organization called diet breakers and organized the first-ever International No Diet Day in order to bring attention to their organization and its cause.
Nowadays, the holiday tackles issues of body and diet awareness. Its agendas include celebrating the diversity of different body types, encouraging everyone from taking a break from their diet, and educating people on how to diet effectively and responsibly.
As mentioned earlier, the International No Diet Day is always celebrated on the 6th of May each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- Thursday, May 6, 2021
- Friday, May 6, 2022
- Saturday, May 6, 2023
- Monday, May 6, 2024
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the International No Diet Day:
Dieting Is Not Always Effective
One good reason why you should celebrate this day is for you to acknowledge the fact that dieting is not always effective. People nowadays tend to go on a diet without consulting a nutritionist. They even tend to mimic the diet of those people who have successfully done it. But the real thing is that dieting is unique to each and every one of us. We all have different body types and bodily functions. Thus, if you want to go on a diet, you must seek help from an expert, such as a nutritionist.
Our Body Knows What We Need
Another reason to celebrate this day is that our bodies know what we need. Celebrating this day can be an opportunity for you to relax, concentrate, and meditate in order to listen to your body and what it wants you to do to it. Listen to your cravings and the things that you want to it. This will help you find out the proper fast foods that you should be eating.
Dieting Can Be Pessimistic
If not done correctly, dieting can lead you to become pessimistic. For one, if you have been dieting but noticing none to minimal changes in your body, it might take a toll on you. You might also become reluctant to attend celebrations and party invitations from your friends when you think that you will just gain weight from the foods that you will eat at these celebrations. What is life if this is how you think? Hence, you must celebrate this day to change such a perspective and start living your life to the fullest.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the International No Diet Day as best as it can be:
Feast on Food
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to feast on food. This day, you can cheat on your diet because you are allowed and encouraged to do so just like all other people. You can eat as many foods as you want, especially all those sweet treats that you have been craving for – chocolates, donuts, pastries, and many more.
Consult a Nutritionist or Therapist
If you want to go on a diet, you can consider this day as your opportunity to consult with a nutritionist. This person is an expert on diet and will help you create a plan of which foods to eat and when to eat them.
On the other hand, if you think that you have issues on your body type or if you think that you may have an eating disorder, you can also consider this day as your opportunity to consult with a therapist who can help you deal with your issues.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #InternationalNoDietDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
- Accept your body as it is as by enjoying healthy food and staying fit…. Best wishes on International No Diet Day.
- International No Diet Day in a reminder that we must not get carried away with perfect body sizes because fitness is always more important.
- When you diet, you lose all the charm your body has and on International No Diet Day, we must promise ourselves to enjoy the bodies we are gifted with.
- Each person is different and therefore everybody is unique in some special way…. Wishing a very Happy International No Diet Day.
- This life is meant to be lived and don’t waste it by dieting for a body which is just a myth…. Happy International No Diet Day.
- Eat healthy and exercise regularly and you will find yourself happy, fit and healthy…. Say no to diet on International No Diet Day.
- Food is supposed to be eaten and on International No Diet Day, enjoy food by giving up on dieting but don’t forget to exercise.
- Going on diet is no solution but saying fit and healthy has all the solutions to all the problems… Happy International No Diet Day.
- I might have a little bit of cellulite. I might not be toned everywhere. But accepting that just empowers me. — Kim Kardashian
- I want to enjoy life, and I can’t if I’m not eating and miserable. — Kate Upton
- One day I had to sit down with myself and decide that I loved myself no matter what my body looked like and what other people thought about my body. — Gabourey Sidibe
- I would only lose weight if it affected my health or sex life, which it doesn’t. — Adele
- You shouldn’t be pressured into trying to be thin by the fashion industry, because they only want models that are like human mannequins…. But you have to remember that it’s not practical or possible for an everyday woman to look like that. Being size zero is a career in itself so we shouldn’t try and be like them. It’s not realistic and it’s not healthy. —Rihanna
- Girls of all kinds can be beautiful — from the thin, plus-sized, short, very tall, ebony to porcelain-skinned; the quirky, clumsy, shy, outgoing and all in between. It’s not easy though because many people still put beauty into a confining, narrow box….Think outside of the box…. Pledge that you will look in the mirror and find the unique beauty in you. — Tyra Banks
- I share the same advice that my mom gave me — stay hydrated and sleep well. And that being a beautiful person on the inside is what really matters. — Jessica Alba
- I’m proud of my body. My body weight will always be something that I’ll struggle with for the rest of my life, but I’m finally in a good place and learning to love me for me, and not somebody else’s standards. — Khloe Kardashian
- When you love and accept yourself, when you know who really cares about you, and when you learn from your mistakes, then you stop caring about what people who don’t know you think. — Beyonce
- If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet,’ I’m like, ‘You can go f*** yourself. — Jennifer Lawrence