The Vietnam Book Day aims to raise awareness about the importance of books as well as to encourage reading among the people in the communities of Vietnam.
About the Vietnam Book Day
The Vietnam Book Day wants to honor the role and the importance of books to us people. Books are indispensable in studying as well as in our social lives. The holiday also commemorates the book industry which is composed of a network of authors, editors, librarians, distributors, and publishers. That is why during the Vietnam Book Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the purposes of this day. The Ministry of Information and Communications in Vietnam Collaborate with the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism in order to hold activities such as exhibitions, book exchanges, book festivals, book streets, seminars, discussions, workshops, contests, and many more activities. Millions of people take part in this day celebrations & same as people do in International Buy Book Day .
According to the Ministry of Information and Communications in Vietnam, the Vietnam Book Day was selected to be celebrated on the 21st of April because it was during this month when one of the first Vietnamese books was published, specifically “Duong Cach Menh” or Revolutionary Road in English written by Ho Chi Minh, the first-ever President of Vietnam. In addition, the date was chosen to be as near as possible to April 23 which is the World Book and Copyright Day founded and organized by UNESCO. Hence, World Book Day in Vietnam is linked to international observance.
As mentioned earlier the Vietnam Book Day is celebrated every 21st of April each year. This means that the upcoming Vietnam Book Day will be held on April 21.
The main reason why you should celebrate this day is that it is your most opportune time to participate in various activities all about books. If you are a book enthusiast, book lover, or bookworm, then it is all the more reason for you to participate. You can meet a lot of people just like you in the book festivals held. This is also the best time for you to indulge yourself in reading the books that you have been craving to read.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Vietnam Book Day as best as it can be:
Join Book Festivals
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to join book festivals. These festivals also have various activities on them. You can enjoy different things in books. You can also meet a lot of people, most of whom are book enthusiasts, book lovers, and bookworms like you. It would be good if you can make friends with them.
Participate in Book Exchanges
You can also join in book exchanges. If you have books that you have already read, then make more value to them by exchanging them for other books. There are a lot of people who want to do this same thing and it would be a perfect match if you can find a person holding the book that you are looking for while the one that he or she wants belongs to you.
Read Also: Buy Book Day
Take Time to Read Vietnamese Books
You can also celebrate this day by reading Vietnamese books. If you can understand the language, then do so. If not, then you may be able to find one with English translations or one already fully translated into English.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You may, for instance, use the hashtag #VietnamBookDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
Vietnam Book Day Messages and Greetings
- The best thing about the books is they let you travel without moving your feet. On the eve Vietnam Book Day, wish you a fruitful journey through the books.
- A devoted reader lives the life of many before he dies, while a man who doesn’t read lives only one. Wishing everyone to make the most out of this year’s Vietnam Book Day.
- Once you have mastered the art of reading, you will be set free forever. Wishing the beautiful readers a very happy Vietnam Book Day.
- Even if you can’t buy happiness, you can surely buy books. Best wishes to you on a Vietnam Book Day.
- There isn’t much difference between finding happiness and reading books. I hope you are able to see the similarities on this Vietnam Book Day.
Vietnam Book Day Quotes
- “So many books, so little time.” ― Frank Zappa
- “A room without books is like a body without a soul.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” ― Mark Twain
- “If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”― Haruki Murakami
- “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” ― John Green
- “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.”― Oscar Wilde
- “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” ― Ernest Hemingway
- “What really knocks me out is a book that, when you’re all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn’t happen much, though.”― J.D. Salinger