World Smile Day is celebrated every last Friday of October each year all around the world. Although this is an unofficial holiday, it encourages people to do simple acts of kindness that will make people smile. The day also makes people smile so that everyone can have a good time.
About the World Smile Day
World Smile Day encourages everyone to smile and improve their mood. During this day, people wear their best smiles and express those to any people – their friends, family, and even strangers they just happen to walk by on the streets. People also do acts of kindness and good deeds during this day as they do on the employee appreciation day.
The idea for this event came from Harvey Ball, a commercial artist from Massachusetts who designed the smiley face in 1963. His purpose for suggesting this day is to inspire the world, encourage people to smile, and make people do various acts of kindness for their communities.
In 1999, the first-ever formal celebration of World Smile Day happened. Ever since that day, Ball’s smiley face became a symbol of good cheer and goodwill.
When is World Smile Day celebrated?
As mentioned earlier, World Smile Day is always celebrated on the last Friday of October each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Friday, October 2,
- Friday, October 1,
- Friday, October 7, 2022
- Friday, October 6, 2023
- Friday, October 4, 2024
- Friday, October 3, 2025
- Friday, October 2, 2026
- Friday, October 1, 2027
- Friday, October 6, 2028
- Friday, October 6, 2029
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of World Smile Day:
The Day Makes Us Happy
Smiling is actually good for you. Even when you force a smile, the brain releases hormones called endorphins which improve our mood. That is why experts recommend people to just smile when they feel stressed to force their brains to release these happy hormones. Therefore, you should celebrate World Smile Day to have a happy day no matter what.
The Day Spreads Cheer and Good Vibes
Another good reason to celebrate this day is that it spreads cheer and good vibes. Smiling with other people can bring us all together.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of World Smile Day as best as it can be:
Wear Your Best Smile
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to wear your best smile. This means that you will smile with your mouth and eyes. As much as possible, give a sincere smile. You can improve not only your mood but also those of the people around you.
Send a Cheerful Card to Someone
Another good thing to do for this day is to send a cheerful card to someone. This someone may be your friend, family, or relative. A cheerful card can make a person smile and therefore happy.
Do a Simple Act of Kindness
Also a good idea for your celebration of this day is to do a simple act of kindness. Even any random act of kindness will do. Even the simple kindness you show to other people can mean a lot to them. The good thing about this is that when you become kind to other people, they will exhibit the same kindness and do that to other people as if it is an endless ripple. And you can be the start of that ripple.
- A smile can take you a million miles. Smile brightly, stay happy and celebrate this World Smile Day.
- A smile is all you need to succeed in the toughest of your battles. Happy World Smile Day.
- The world can be a dark place, make it brighter. Light it up with your smile on this occasion of World Smile Day.
- Smile, it’s the key that fits the lock on everyone’s hearts and makes everything easier. Wish you a very happy World Smile Day.
- It is very easy to be kind and smile at others. Brighten up your day as well as others and celebrate this World Smile Day.
- On this occasion of World Smile Day remember that a smiling face is a beautiful face and it helps to create a happy heart and soul. Happy World Smile Day.
- Smile big, smile bright. Stay happy and enjoy this occasion of World Smile Day.
- Meet everyone with a huge smile, for the smile is the beginning of love and happiness. Happy World Smile Day.
- On this occasion of World Smile Day, take a pledge to make this world a happier place with one smile at a time.
- If you see someone without a smile on their face, give them one of yours. Wish you a very happy World Smile Day.
- Amongst hundreds of languages all around the globe, a smile is the one language that everyone can feel and understand. Happy Smile Day.
- Take this day to smile brighter and see all the good there is around you. Be happy and enjoy the occasion of World Smile Day.