Day of Ashura is observed as a local vacation in Pakistan and also celebrated in other countries having a large community of Muslims all over the world as well as bordering countries like Afghanistan and India. The word Ashura is derived from the Arabic phrase which means tenth, and this day is observed on the 10th date of the month of Muharram of the Islamic religion.
Muslims categories like Shia and Sunni observe this day; however, they celebrate it for various causes. Majority of the Sunni community is living in Pakistan; however, according to some surveys, it is measured that over 10-25% Shia community is settled in Pakistan. According to surveys, it is measured that about 200 million public is living in Pakistan, which is equivalent to approximately 40 million number of Shias, which is considered as the third huge population of Shias all over the globe. So, Pakistan has a powerful civilization of this day. In this day will be observed on the nightfall of Monday on September 9.
Every year this day is observed by the Muslims all over the globe on the same date according to the Islamic calendar, whereas the date of the solar calendar changes year after year. The Gregorian calendar is also known as the solar calendar, and the Islamic calendar is known as the lunar calendar. This dissimilarity shows that every year about 11 days of difference can be seen for this day in the solar calendar. The date of this day can be changed from nations to nations subjected to the moon that either it can be seen in nations or not. These dates can be calculated by the analysis every date by the astrologists but not on the authentic observation of the full moon by the human eye. On this government of Pakistan and all other nations announces the local vacation to observe this day peacefully.
Muslims around the globe celebrates this day peacefully, while for Shia community this day is a very sad day and it can also be observed as the remembrance of the sacrifice of Hussain for Islam at Karbala. This day can be observed as the death anniversary of the Hussain who was the ruler of the 7th century and was murdered in the fight of the Karbala. On this day millions of Muslim people, grieve all over the globe to commemorate the bravery of Hussain to withstand in front of a sinful torturer known as Yazid.
9th 10 Muharram Quotes Wishes
- The month of Muharram is upon us. No day like Ashura. No land like Karbala.
- “The ghusl of Hussain (as) was his own blood, and his kaffan was the sand of Karbala” ~ Sayeda Zainab (as). The heart awaits the moon of Muharram #YaHussain.
- As Muharram starts, my mind rusheshes back to 1400 years ago, Where HuSSain AS stands against 9 lakh. ImAm Hussain AS will always remains in our Heart.
- September 9-10 is the Day of Ashura – a day that has been placed with deep sorrow in our history and memories. On this grievous day, the grandson of Prophet Mumammad, Hussain was martyred in Karbala with more than seventy Muslims beside him.
- There is so much to mourn and so little time! Our hearts can’t even bear that pain. If someone of us was able to see what actually happened in Karbala, he wouldn’t be able to live. Ya Hussain your pain will forever be alive in our hearts.
- It gives you goosebumps, it shivers your soul and body and eventually, the heart softens and tears roll out as the crescent of Muharram appears on the horizon. Labbaik Ya Hussain (AS) – Labbaik Ya Hussain (AS)
- A million Voices, One Name, Hussain (as), Labaik Ya Hussain. Respect this month. Every day is Ashura. Every day is Karbala.
- 1441 years later and the legacy of Imam Hussain still lives on despite the many efforts of tyrants to destroy and bury his name. Truth will always prevail over falsehood LABAIK YA HUSSAIN.
9th 10th Muharram Poetry Shayari Ya Hussain Ya Hassan Ya Ali
- Zikkr-E-Husain Aayaa To Ankhain Chalak Parein, Paani Ko Kitna Piyaar Hai Abb Bhi Hussain Say!” Farzand-E-Ali Imam Hussain A.S. Ne Fermaya. Aisay Shakhs Per Zulm Keray Say Muhtat Reho Jiss Ka Allah K Siwa Koe Na Ho.-Happy Muharram. Salam Ya Husain
- Insaniyat Pay Hai , Ehsan Hussain a.s Ka. Ehsan he to hai , Ehsan ka Sila. Har Dil Main Ya Hussain a.s. Har Dil Main Karbala
- Din rota he raat roti he. Din rota he raat roti he. har MOMIN ki zaat roti he. JHab b aata he MUHARRAM ka mahena. KHUDA ke qasam ghum-e-HUSSAIN main sari kainat roti hai. Naaaaraaaaa-eeeeee- Hydri YA ALI ALI HAQ he
- HAQ NIBHANA MERE HUSSAIN KA HAI, DIL THIKANA MERE HUSSAIN KA HAI. TUM JISSE AASMAAN SAMJTHE HO, SHAMIYAANA MERE HUSSAIN KA HAI. YA HUSSAIN IBN-E-ALI.
- A million Voices, One Name, Hussain (as), Labaik Ya Hussain
- Dil ki mehfil ko sajao Ya Ali kahnay kay baad. Munkiro ka dil jalaao Ya Ali kahnay kay baad
- Shaheed e karabala ki momino jab yaad aati hai… Tarap jaati hai duniya khoon ke aansoo bahati hai
9th 10th Muharram Sad Poetry Shayari Lines Labaik Ya Hussain
- May you observe Aza-e Hussain and participate in mourning congregations, lamentations, matam to commemorate Imam Hussain ibn Ali, the grandson of the Islamic prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) killing at the Battle of Karabal. Have a blessed Muharram!
- Woh Jisne Apne Nana Ka Wada Wafa Kar Diya; Ghar Ka Ghar Sapurd-e-Khuda Kar Diya; Nosh Kar Liya Jiss Ne Shahadat Ka Jaam; Uss “Hussain Ibne Ali” Par Lakhon Salaam! Have a blessed Muharram!
- Karib Allah ke aao to koi baat bane, Imaan phir se jagao to koi baat bane, Lahoo jo beh gaya Karbala me, Unke Maqsad ko samjho to koi baat bane
- Pani ka talab ho to ek kaam kia kar. Karbala ke naam pe ek jam piya kar. Ki mujhko “Hussain IBN-E-ALI” Ne yeh naseehat. Zalim ho muqabil to mera naam liya kar.
- Hussain Ki Namaz Jari Hai Jabeen-E-Ibn-E-Ali ki niyaz jari hai Khuda ke deen ki Umr-E-Daraz jari hai Sajde mein rakh ke sir ko na uthaya Hussain ne Mere Husain ki ab tak namaz jari hai
9th 10th Muharram SMS Text Messages
- Muharram 1441H – Ya Allah, we ask You for forgiveness and wellness in our religion and in our worldly affairs, in our families and in our properties.
- Muharram is so called because it is a sacred (muharram) month; this further emphasizes its sanctity. “So wrong not yourselves therein” Surah At-Tawbah 9:36] mean: (do not wrong yourselves) in these sacred months, because doing so is a greater sin than at other times. #Muharram
- Always keep the door open for everybody to change, never close the door on anyone. Even if the person doesn’t look religious and doesn’t look like they pray. Because One day, they may change like Hurr ibn Yazid Al-Riyahi who changed on the 10th of Muharram. #HussainIsForAll
- Sinning in #Muharram is More Serious! “so wrong not yourselves therein” [9:36] “Allāh singled out four months and made them sacred, & emphasised their sanctity, & He made sin during these months more grave, & He made righteous deeds & the reward thereof greater.” — Ibn ‘Abbās
- Abu Qatadah (RA) reported: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) was asked about observing As-Saum (the fast) on the tenth day of Muharram, and he replied, “It is an expiation for the sins of the preceding year.” (Riyad as-Salihin, Book 9, Hadith 262)
- Muharram is not only for the Shia or Muslims , It is for each one of us , Whosoever Belongs to The Clan of Humanity. To pay Tribute to the One Who Saved The Humanity !!
Youm e Ashura Mubarak Quotes Messages
- Muharram is almost here. Don’t call it the month of “SHIA” only. The tragedy of Karbala happened with the holy family of Prophet. “Hussayn is from me and I am from him” -Prophet Muhammad
- Labbaik Ya Hussain. Labbaik Ya Abbass. Labbaik Ya Zahra. May we see a peaceful Muharram, with tolerance and harmony.
- The sun of Dhul Hijjah sets whilst the moon of Muharram rises. Time will continue to move forward but your sacrifice will live on for eternity. Labayk Ya Hussain!
- A million Voices, One Name, Hussain (as), Labaik Ya Hussain
- 1400 years ago a man who was all alone in the plains of Karbala, all hisع men were martyred, he cried out: “Is there anybody who can come for my help?” And now Millions and Millions of people rush towards himع with one slogan “LABBAYK YA HUSSAIN” Hum hazir hain
- “Muharram is the month in which Justice rose against Injustice and Truth stood up against falsehood and proved that, in the course of history, Truth has always Triumphed over Falsehood” Labbaik Ya Hussain(A.S)
- O Aba Abdillah, I promise that even though I’m physically not present in Karbala but I am with You(a). Labbaik Ya Hussain! #Muharram
9th 10th Muharram Status for Whatsapp Facebook Instagram
- Ya HUSSAIN salam FROM the one whose heart is wounded due to the tribulations you have suffered, and whose tears flow in your remembrance.
- And till the day of judgment,endless voices will keep on calling Labbaik Ya Hussain!
- Like the eternity of the man who walked the sands of Karbala fearless… crying: “is there anyone to help”… Knowing he could flip that army in an instant… Yet for his grandfathers religion… He would let the swords slice him into pieces, ya Hussain; the sole reason for our existence
- Being Hussaini isn’t just about Saying “Ya Hussain” it’s about raising voice against injustice and oppression. Hussain ibne Ali refrained pledge of allegiance infront of tyrant and Sacrificed himself to teach us never remain silent over oppression.
- YA MUHAMMAD. YA FATIMA. YA ALI. YA HASSAN. YA HUSSAIN. As long I live I swear by allah I will keep saying this.
Novi Dasvi Muharram ul Haram Phrases Expressions
- It’s a miracle how Imam al Hussainع was all alone in foreign lands 1441 years ago and yet today millions and millions of people gather in Karbala to be with him, crying out ‘Labaik ya Hussainع’ Do you know what that is? That’s the power of the dua of Sayeda Zahra (sa)
- “The Tyrant Dies and His Rules Ends The Martyr Dies And His Rules Begins”. Labbyek Ya Hussain (AS)
- Allah Khaliq Honay Mai La’shareek Hai Or Hussain AS Makhlok Honay Mai La’shareek Hai
- The month of sorrow and grief started. There is no sunni or shia on tragedy of karbala , eiher you are hussaini or yazeedi ….. No other option! Labaik Ya Hussain
Hussain, who was the nephew of Muhammad, who came into this world in 620 AD, and was belonged to that family, that was famous by having an ideology of love, respect, and calmness. He was the ruler who was famous everywhere by his kindness, judgment, and honesty. Shortly following upon the passing of Muhammad, the Muslim realm had dropped into governmental lawlessness and dishonesty since Yazid taken charge and gradually started crushing the ethical structure of the community.
Yazid desired to get a promise of loyalty from Hussain to pick up validity for his illicit guideline. Hussain gets out through the good commitment towards his standards public equity and respect, and then he turned down his objections to do this, notwithstanding as long as it is a hazard for him.
Hussain decided to withstand and started a little yet relentless revolution. He decided to leave the solace of his hometown and then starts traveling towards the east to current Iraq. He continued his journey along with his relatives and children and members of his house and also with seventy-two allies to clarify this he didn’t need savagery, yet he would be ready to shield his personality, and he penance his all belongings for the benefits of his individuals.
Check Fatherland Day Best Wishes, Images, Greetings
When Yazid listened to the news of the journey of the Hussain, and he has no terror. It brings some energy in Yazid, and he immediately sent his armed force containing thirty thousand soldiers to stop the Marche of Hussain along with his companions. His soldiers stopped Hussain and his companions from making any advanced movement till Hussain vowed devotion, yet he refused and turned down the decision of Yazid. As a result, Yazid requested his military to assault and murder Hussain along with his companions. This all incident happened on the 1st Islamic month Muharram 10th date that is called as the Ashura.
Day of Ashura and Karbala
Hussain along with his companions was blocked in the barren place which called as Karbala in Iraq, a place where they face a strict shortage of water for about three days. On the morning of this day, Hussain along with his companions offered their prayers, by realizing the situation they are going to face next was sure annihilation yet by knowing this fact all of them stayed ardent and faithful to their standards.
The fight of Karbala started in the afternoon, little groups of males of the camp of Hussain were sent to battle fearlessly by facing the Yazid’s military. Consistently his companions battled and killed and in the end, Hussain had no other companion who could help his opposition.
In the end, Hussain got exhausted, parched and was intensely injured he batted fearlessly in front of his foe, till the end and fall on the floor. The troops of the opponent assaulted him all over the body by swords, lances, and bolts and in the end, a man whose name was Shimr heartlessly decapitated Hussain over the consuming Karbala’s fields.
What Do People Do On Day of Ashura?
Shia and Sunni communities celebrate this day in separate means. Sunnis observe this day as the Triumph given by God to the Muslims. Sunnis observe this by fasting the whole day. Sunnis also cook special kind of meals on this day, and they distribute it to their family member, relatives, and friends. They also used to distribute these meals to the poor and also to their neighbors. Sunnis Also used to visit graveyards, and they offer recitations of the verses of their holy book Quran and also pray for the souls of their beloved ones who have been passed away. While Shia community, celebrate this day by morning routines and in the memory of the death of Hussain. On this day both genders of Shia community wear black clothes and they walk through the roads by beating their chests and reciting. Some males of Shia community try to imitate the pain of Hussain by beating their bodies and heads by chains and made cuts on their bodies until the blood begin to come out from their bodies. Few heads of the Shia communities and gatherings demoralize the bloodshed by stating that it creates a bad impact on Shia communities. These heads urge individuals to donate their blood to the needy people. Shia community beat their chests and bodies by chanting Ya Hussain on this day. They also organize some meetings at night time on this day. At these meetings, the heads of the Shia Communities describe the whole incident of the Karbala to the listeners that happened on this day.
Where to Celebrate?
This day can be observed in all regions of the world where Muslim communities are living including Afghanistan, India, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, and many other Arab nations.
Ashura Day Faqs
What is Ashura Day?
Ashura Day is an Islamic holiday observed on the 10th day of Muharram, the first month of the Islamic calendar. It commemorates the martyrdom of Imam Hussein, the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad.
Why is Ashura Day important?
Ashura Day is considered an important day in Islamic history as it represents the struggle between good and evil, and the sacrifices made for the sake of justice and truth.
How is Ashura Day observed?
Ashura Day is observed in different ways around the world. Some Muslims fast on this day as a sign of mourning, while others participate in processions and religious ceremonies. Some also give charity to the poor and needy.
What is the significance of the color black on Ashura Day?
Black is often worn on Ashura Day as a symbol of mourning for the martyrdom of Imam Hussein.
What is the story of Imam Hussein’s martyrdom?
Imam Hussein was the grandson of Prophet Muhammad and the son of Ali, the fourth caliph of Islam. He was killed in a battle in Karbala, Iraq in the year 680 AD by the forces of the ruling caliph, Yazid. His death is considered a tragic event in Islamic history.
Is Ashura Day a public holiday?
Ashura Day is not a public holiday in many countries, but it is observed as a religious holiday by Muslims around the world.
What is the difference between Ashura and Muharram?
Muharram is the first month of the Islamic calendar and Ashura is the 10th day of Muharram. While Muharram is a month of remembrance and mourning for Muslims, Ashura Day is specifically dedicated to the commemoration of Imam Hussein’s martyrdom.
Can non-Muslims participate in Ashura Day observances?
While Ashura Day is primarily a Muslim holiday, non-Muslims are generally welcome to participate in the observances as a sign of respect for Islamic traditions.
Are there any traditional foods associated with Ashura Day?
There are no specific foods associated with Ashura Day, but some Muslims choose to break their fast on this day with a meal of dates and water, as the Prophet Muhammad is believed to have done.
How is Ashura Day celebrated around the world?
Ashura Day is celebrated in different ways around the world, with some countries holding large processions and ceremonies while others have more low-key observances. Some countries even have specific traditions or rituals associated with the day, such as the reenactment of the battle of Karbala in some parts of Iran.