Normally, Mother’s Day is celebrated on different dates in the calendar. But in the country of Panama, the date of celebration of Mother’s Day is fixed on December 8.
About the Mothers Day in Panama
The Mother’s Day in Panama (December 8) is a celebration in the country wherein people there get to show how much they appreciate their mothers and the other people whom they consider as mother figures. This day has an essence and concept the same as Mother’s Day celebrated in different parts of the country.
The Mother’s Day in Panama intends to honor all mothers. People in Panama usually celebrate this day by starting out with a family trip to the church. The reason for this is that the day comes at the same time as the celebration of the Feast of the Immaculate Concepcion.
During Mother’s Day, people give their mothers heartfelt letters and messages. They also give their moms some good presents like chocolates and flowers. Mothers are treated in a special way during this day. Their families do not allow them to do any work at home. They are pampered, taken care of, and shown with overwhelming appreciation.
History of Mothers Day in Panama
The origin of the celebration of Mother’s Day in Panama has several versions. According to one, it originated on the 8th of December per the suggestion of Hercilia Arias Velásquez, the wife of the then-President of Panama Florencio Harmodio Arosemena. The holiday was officially established in 1930.
Another version of the origin story states that the celebration of Mother’s Day in Panama was as an initiative of the Rotary Club. In 1924, the Rotary Club of proposed the Mother’s Day celebration on the 11th of May each year. However, this proposal was changed by Panamanian politicians so that Mother’s Day would be celebrated on the 8th of December.
A third version states that the Catholic Panamanians wanted to make the Feast of the Immaculate Concepcion into a public holiday. However, this proposal was highly resisted by representatives of the secular population who wanted to keep the separation of the church and the state. The compromise that they were able to come up with was the date of December 8.
Regardless of how the Mother’s Day in Panama started, it has become an important holiday for the people of the country.
Dates of Mother’s Day in Panama
The following are the dates of celebration of the Mother’s Day in Panama:
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015
- Thursday, December 8, 2016
- Friday, December 8, 2017
- Saturday, December 8, 2018
- Sunday, December 8, 2019
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Thursday, December 8, 2022
- Friday, December 8, 2023
- Sunday, December 8, 2024
- Monday, December 8, 2025
People enjoy celebrating this day as much as they enjoy celebrating Mother’s Day in Mexico. The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of Mother’s Day in Panama:
To Honor Your Mother
One good reason why you should celebrate this day is that this is the perfect time for you to honor your mother. Your mother has dedicated her life to caring for you. There is no one person in the world who doesn’t love their mother. And there is no one mother in the world who doesn’t love their child. For all the things that your mom has done for you, this is the best time to honor her.
To Honor Your Grandmother
Of course, your mother is not the only one who has taken care of you. We should not forget about your grandmother. Most of the time, they are there for us. They become our caretakers whenever our mothers are unavailable. For all the things that our grandmas have done for us, celebrating Mother’s Day is the best time to honor them and to show how much we appreciate them.
To Honor All Mothers in the World
Aside from your own mom and grandma, there are also a lot of mothers out there who deserve recognition and honor. If you celebrate this day, you can be a part of the movement that shows appreciation to all mothers in the world.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Mother’s Day in Panama as best as it can be:
Give Your Mother a Heartfelt Letter of Appreciation
One good thing you can do for this day is to give your mother a heartfelt letter of appreciation. You can try your best in writing such a message that will let your mother know how much you love and appreciate her. You should then give that to your mother and find out how much that means to her.
Give Your Mother a Gift She Will Appreciate
You can also exert effort in finding out what kind of gift your mom would like to have. Go ahead and give that gift to her in order to show her that you are showing your appreciation to her in this special day dedicated only for mothers like her.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. For instance, you can use the hashtag #MothersDayPanama to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in this special day of celebration.
Mother’s Day Greetings For Your Mom
- “Happy Mothers Day! Thank you for everything you’ve done for us. It’s more than we can ever repay you!”
- ”I love you and wish you the best Mothers Day!”
- “Wishing you a calm and relaxing Mother’s Day. You deserve to be pampered!”
- “Thank you for every hug, word of encouragement, and act of love you’ve given me. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to the best role model I could have ever asked for!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who raised me into the strong, independent woman I am today.”
- “I love you to the moon and back, Mom! Thank you for always inspiring me to live, love, and laugh!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to the best Mom in the world! I’ll always cherish our movie nights, cooking experiments, and laughter!”
- “You’re the best listener, the best cook, the best friend, the best Mom I could ever ask for. Happy Mother’s day!”
- “Every day I feel so lucky to call you my Mom. Enjoy today, you deserve it!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for always being the shining example of what I wanted to be like when I grew up!”
- “Thank you for laughing with us in the best of times and sticking with us through the worst of times! What would we do without you?”
- “Raising me took a lot of patience and strength. Thanks for hanging in there.”
- “To Mom, with love, from your favorite child.”
- “You’re my one and only mom, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “I’m so proud to be your son. Happy Mother’s Day.”
- “Happy Mother’s day to the woman who raised me into the man I am today. Love you, Mom!”
- “Sorry if I drove you crazy. I only did it because I love you!”
- “Thanks for putting up with us! We love you like crazy.”
- “Thank you for being the only Mother in the world who would love a crazy child like me.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! I promise today I’ll pick up my room. Maybe.”
- “I wanted to get you something special this Mother’s Day, so I decided to give you some peace and quiet.”
- “Mother’s Day is every day when you have a gift of a child like me!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day, and thank you for your service. We salute you.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you. Literally.”
Mother’s Day Greetings For Your Wife
- “Happy Mother’s Day to a woman who truly does it all! I love you so much! Thank you for everything you do for us!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to the best mother and wife in the world. What would we all do without you?”
- “How did I get so lucky in marrying you? You continue to inspire this family every day. We love you!”
- “Thanks for making home the happiest place to be. Happy Mother’s Day.”
- “We all love you like crazy, and feel so blessed to have you. Happy Mother’s Day.”
Mother’s Day Greetings For Your Mother-in-Law
- “Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for welcoming me into your family with open arms all those years ago!”
- “How lucky am I to have gotten you as a Mother-in-law? Happy Mother’s Day from all of us!”
- “Thank you for being such a pillar to this family. We all love you so much! Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “I can’t imagine life without your love, guidance, and support. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to an in-law I can’t imagine life without.”
Mother’s Day Greetings For Your Grandma
- “Happy Mother’s Day to our matriarch! Thank you for all the love and work you put into this family!”
- “Happy Mothers Day Grandma, we all love you so much!”
- “It’s too bad they don’t have a Grandmother’s Day, that way we’d have two days a year to celebrate all that you do! Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! Sorry, you had to put up with (parent’s name) for so long!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day, Gram-gram! Thanks for always spoiling me and sneaking me cookies!”
- “Love you, Grandma! I hope you’re surrounded by family this Mother’s Day!”