The National Fried Shrimp Day is celebrated every 21st of December each year. This day gives recognition to fried shrimp – everyone’s favorite shrimp dish. Fried shrimp is usually done by preparing prawns or large shrimps. The tail, head, shell, and sand vein are removed. This shrimp is then fried along with other ingredients like spices to enhance the flavor of the dish. If you are a fan of fried shrimp, you definitely should not miss this event.
About the National Fried Shrimp Day
Shrimp, being seafood, is healthy food. It is low in calories but contains high levels of nutrients like calcium, iodine, protein, and omega 3 fatty acids. Shrimp is also considered good to our circulatory system. There are just people who should be wary of being allergic to shrimp. Unfortunately for them, even just a little amount of shrimp could trigger a serious allergic reaction.
During the National Fried Shrimp Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own fried shrimp at home. Other people prefer to dine in a restaurant that serves some good and delicious fried shrimp. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
With limited knowledge about the origins of fried shrimp, even less is known about the history of the National Fried Shrimp Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such an event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that fried shrimp are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot on the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
Read Also: National Seafood Bisque Day
As mentioned earlier, National Fried Shrimp Day is celebrated every 21st of December each year.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Fried Shrimp Day as best as it can be:
Make Some Fried Shrimps
Without a doubt, the best thing to do for your celebration of this day is to make some fried shrimps. To do that, you first need to prepare about 1 and a half pounds of shrimps. You will then have to remove its tail, head, shell, and sand vein. Cut through the shrimp in a lengthwise fashion. Wash the shrimp. In a bowl, beat 2 eggs and add 1 teaspoon of salt. On a plate, combine ½ cups of flour and ½ cups of dry bread crumbs. Put in ½ cups of oil in a skillet and put in medium heat. Dip each shrimp in the beaten eggs in the bowl and then roll in the bread crumbs with flour. Place in the skillet to deep fry. Cook until golden brown. Serve your delicious fried shrimps and enjoy!
Dine in a Restaurant for Some Good Fried Shrimps
If you don’t have time to make your own fried shrimps or if you are not just confident enough to cook a delicious one, then you can just opt to dine in a restaurant that serves some good fried shrimps. To make this even more enjoyable, you can ask your family and friends to go dine with you.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalFriedShrimpDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
National Fried Shrimp Day Quotes
- I’m horrified of lobsters. And shrimp and lobsters are the cockroaches of the ocean. – Brooke Burke
- Shrimps ought to stay small and curled up in their cocktail sauce if you ask me. – Aya Nakahara
- When some people look at a shrimp they think, “Hmm. Delicious.” When I look at a shrimp I think, “You’re a miracle, absolutely incredible. Your ancestors have gone back hundreds of millions of years.” And to develop a thing as simple as a shrimp cocktail, you have to calculate the hundreds of millions of years that have preceded that moment where you’re sitting there with your sauce and fork poised. -Sylvia Earle
- Shrimp are the insects of the ocean. They’re bottom feeders. So they’re delicious, but they’re the bugs of the sea.- Baron Vaughn
- It’s so weird. I like shrimp. I will eat like a whole thing of shrimp. I’m a vegetarian, but that is the only thing that I will eat. So, I will eat and eat shrimp and, like, fries. – Miley Cyrus
- It specifically says in the Torah that you can eat shrimp and bacon in a Chinese restaurant. – Jason Alexander
- Changing my diet was the big thing. I had to learn correct portion control. . . . I eat an egg-white omelet for breakfast, shrimp and veggies for lunch, and chicken with asparagus for dinner. – Lauren Alaina
- I cook at home all the time and really enjoy it. It’s fun family time and we all chip in and help out. We do a lot with our outdoor grill, a lot of chicken or shrimp, and every meal includes veggies. – Alison Sweeney
- The hibachi is coming to a city near you. I’m cooking chicken and shrimp, but if you want to throw a double team my way, filet mignon gets cooked too. – Gilbert Arenas