National Parfait Day is celebrated every 25th of November each year. This day gives recognition to parfait – everyone’s favorite dessert. Parfait is a dessert made from layers of sweets. It is commonly served in a glass. Its most usual ingredients include yogurt, fruits, ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate, and nuts. If you are a big fan of parfait, then you should go celebrate National Parfait Day.
About the National Parfait Day
During the National Parfait Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own parfait at home. But for that, they shop for all the needed ingredients. Other people prefer to buy parfait from a dessert or pastry shop that offers some good and delicious parfait dessert. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
Some historical reports claim that parfait is of French origins. The fact is, there is a parfait in France as well as in the USA. However, the parfait from these two countries are different. Parfaits in the USA are usually made from layers of ice cream, yogurt, granola, nuts, fresh fruits, and whipped cream. Some variations make use of blueberries, peaches, and strawberries. There are even specific yogurt parfaits.
With limited knowledge about the origins of parfait, even less is known about the history of National Parfait Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such an event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that parfaits are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot on the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, National Parfait Day is celebrated every 25th of November each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Wednesday, November 25,
- Thursday, November 25,
- Friday, November 25, 2022
- Saturday, November 25, 2023
- Monday, November 25, 2024
- Tuesday, November 25, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Parfait Day as best as it can be:
Make Some Parfait
Of course, the best way to celebrate this day is to make some parfait. Fortunately for you, making one is quite easy to do because you only need to mix in the ingredients in a glass or cup. There are tons of variations for the parfait dessert but you may want to include the following staple ingredients:
- Pretzel and cookies
- Cakes and cookie pieces
- Nuts, oatmeal, and seeds
- Pudding, gelatin, and cream fillings
- Chocolate chips and coconut
Buy Some Parfait
Another good idea for your celebration of this wonderful day is to order some parfait from the bakery, dessert store, or pastry shop. For sure, these stores will be offering lots of these desserts during or even before the event because they expect that a great demand for this will come due to the celebration. Just make sure to buy one or some from a bakery or pastry shop that offers delicious parfait. A renowned pastry shop or bakery will do. This alternative is best for people who want to indulge themselves in some delicious parfaits yet they do not have the time to make some for themselves.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalParfaitDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- I’m not a vegetarian, I’m a dissertation. – Bill Watterson
- Sure I eat my feelings, but I save the emotional roller coaster for dessert. – Josh Stern
- After eating chocolate you feel godlike, as though you can conquer enemies, lead armies, entice lovers. – Emily Luchetti
- It’s the finale. It’s the last impression. A bad dessert can ruin the meal. – Anne McManus
- Thus the public use of reason and freedom is nothing but a dessert, a sumptuous dessert. – Johann Georg Hamann
- I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. – Jason Love
- Absolutely eat dessert first. The thing that you want to do the most, do that. – Joss Whedon
- Dessert is probably the most important stage of the meal, since it will be the last thing your guests remember before they pass out all over the table. – William Powell
- Some people prefer eating dessert to the main course. These people have never been really hungry. – Vera Nazarian
- I don’t eat four-legged animals, but I eat birds, I eat cheese, I eat dessert. I eat everything. – Gwyneth Paltrow
- Dessert is to a meal what a dress is to a woman. – Beatrice Peltre
- Any man who eats dessert is not drinking enough. – Ernest Hemingway