Through thick and thin, sisters are always there for you. They laugh with you during good times and they also cry with you during bad times. You go crazy with her most of the time. She is one of the most important persons in your life. And for these reasons, you should celebrate the National Sisters Day. You have been with your sister for most of the holidays. But you should make this one special and bring into the spotlight the special bond that you have with her.
About the National Sisters Day
The national Sisters Day, or simply called the Sisters Day, is celebrated every first Sunday of August in the USA. This day brings forth appreciation for sisters and their special bond. The sisterhood is a bond and can be biological or not. It is simply a special kind of relationship that is shared between biological sisters or even friends. During this day of celebration, people do all sorts of activities that show their appreciation for their sisters. They go to the mall to shop with them, spend special time together, and even express how proud they are of their sisters on social media.
Unfortunately, even with extensive research about this event, we are still quite unsure as to how it started. We do not know who began this tradition and when it started. But for sure, we can make a good guess as to why it started – perhaps a person or a group of people thought that we have all sorts of holidays for family members including Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Siblings Day, and more but we do not have Sister’s Day. Hence, a celebration for honoring the sisterhood started.
The National Sister’s Day is always celebrated on the first Sunday of August every year. This means that the upcoming \1,
The following are the main reasons why you should take part in the celebration of the National Sisters Day:
To Express Your Love to Your Sister
There is no better day than the Sister’s Day to express your love to your lovely sister. Yes, we have the usual family days but the Sister’s Day emphasizes sisterhood. Thus, if you truly care for your sister, then you must celebrate this day to show how much you love and appreciate her.
To Show the World How Much You Love Your Sister
Another reason to celebrate this day is that this is the opportune time for you to show the world how much you love your sister. You can shout that out in your social media accounts. You may post embarrassing photos of you and your sister. But for sure, the whole world will get jealous once they find out that special bond you have with your sister.
To Strengthen Your Relationship with Your Sister
Also a good reason to celebrate this day is that you can use this day to strengthen your relationship with your sister. There are so many activities that you can do during this day. All these activities will only lead to you having fun with your sister, discovering more about each other, and bringing your sisterhood to a whole new level.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Sister’s Day as best as it can be:
Shop with Your Sister
Let us state the obvious – shopping makes girls happy. Because of that, you should not let this day pass by without you going to the mall with your sister to shop for some things that she likes. If you are a boy, then do take some patience if your sister is so slow when it comes to picking products. She definitely wants to pick the things that she will really like and will not regret buying.
Spend Some Quality Time Together
You can also celebrate this day by spending some quality time together with your sister. You can go do some outdoor recreational activities like mountain hiking or trekking. If you don’t want to go outside, then why not enjoy a stay at home with your sister as you cook your favorite foods and watch your favorite movies together.
Show How Proud You are of Your Sister on Social Media
You should also celebrate this day by showing how proud you are of your sister on social media. Yu can post a photo of you and your sister and insert a caption that expresses how thankful you are for having a sister like her. This can also influence other people about such celebration. Also, don’t forget to use the hashtag #NationalSister’sDay to let your friends and followers know that you are celebrating this event.
Greetings for Your Sister
- Sending warm wishes to one of the dearest, kindest, and all around most beautiful soul I’ve ever had the pleasure of calling family. Happy Sister’s Day!
- No matter how far apart we might be, I know you always have my back and I promise to have yours! I love you forever! Happy Sister’s Day!
- You were one of my very first friends in this big world, and for that I could myself eternally lucky! Happy Sister’s Day!
- Happy Sister’s Day my dearest sister! Thank you for always being there with me!
- Wishing you a day full of all the goodness, glam, and glitter you have brought into my life. Shine on, doll! Happy Sister’s Day!
- I’m so glad to be related to someone who is always picture perfect just like me! Happy Sister’s Day!
- Cheers to us! May we continue to grow ever close to both each other and to our individual goals! Happy National Sister’s Day!
- Roses are red, puppies are cute, being siblings with you is always a hoot! Happy National Sister’s Day!
National Sisters Day Quotes
- “Sister. 1) A best friend for life. 2) Player of dress up. 3) Teller of stories. 4) Keeper of secrets.” –Unknown
- “There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you.” –Unknown
- “The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other.” –Unknown
- “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” –Amy Li
- “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” –Marion Garretty
- “Our roots may say that we’re sisters, but our hearts know that we’re friends.” –Unknown
- “I grin because you are my sister. I laugh because I know there’s nothing you can do about it.” –Unknown
- “You sister always knows when you’ve been bad or good – more than Santa Claus ever could.” –Unknown
- “Sisters teach us about cooperation, fairness, caring and kindness. Oftentimes, they teach us these lessons the hard way.” –Unknown
- “Being sisters means you always have back up.” –Unknown
- “Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within a family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.” –Margaret Mead
- “Sisterhood is powerful.” –Robin Morgan
- “Sisters share grown-up dreams and childhood memories.” –Unknown
- “There’s nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister.” –Tia Mowry
- “There is no better friend in this world than a sister, and no sister in the world is better than you.” –Unknown