Halloween occurs on 31st October. It is a patchwork holiday, stitched together with cultural, religious, spiritual, Catholic and Celt traditions that span centuries. The word “Halloween” is derived from “All Hallows Eve”. All Hallows Eve is the eve before the Christian feast of All Hallows or Hallowmas (celebrated on November 1).
Learn About Halloween
Over 2000 decades back, October 31st was the day when Celts celebrated the ending of the harvest season in a festival called Samhain. That night also marked the Celtic New Year and has been considered a magic time when the ghosts of the deceased walked the Earth. With the arrival of Christians, the Samhain festival was merged with the Catholic Holiday of Hallowmas and soon came to be known as Halloween. Today, Halloween is the 2nd highest grossing commercial holiday after Christmas and a $9 billion holiday in the US.
Creation of Halloween
Halloween began about 2000 decades back in Ireland. The holiday originated from the Celtic festival of “Samhain”. The Celts in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and northern France celebrated this festival to mark the conclusion of the summer season and harvest time. The colder months that followed were correlated with “death” by the Celts.
Samhain started at sunset on October 31st, which the Celts believed was the time when the ghosts or spirits of the dead returned to earth since the borders between the world of the living and the death were blurred.
At the beginning of the 11th century, the Pope decided that it’d continue from October 31st until November 2nd because that is when Samhain was celebrated and the church was attempting to convert the pagans.
The Irish brought their Halloween-like customs to the US in 1840. They brought several of the holiday traditions and customs with them such as bobbing for apples, trick-or-treating, and dressing in spooky costumes.
However, the commercialized Halloween that we know today started in the western world in the 1920s. And the mass manufacturing of Halloween costumes and masks did not begin until the 1950s until then Halloween costumes were homemade.
Where Did The Term “Halloween” Come From?
The term Halloween comes from the Christians. Hallowmas is a three-day Catholic holiday in which saints are respected and prayers are made for the deceased.
October 31st, the beginning of the Christian holiday of Hallowmas was called “All Hallows Eve”, which over the centuries was shortened to “All Hallows Even” and eventually in the 18th century into “Halloween”.
Why Do We Wear Spooky Outfits On Halloween?
During the Samhain festival, Celts believed that the spirits cross over to the world of the living on this night. They considered October 31st night as the time when the veil between the world of the dead and the world of living beings is the thinnest.
People started to get frightened of the spirits arriving at their lands and so they started wearing spooky masks and strange clothing in an effort to conceal themselves in the spirits, therefore, any evil spirits or ghosts would not hurt them. The Celts also lit huge bonfires to prevent the spirits of the dead and ghosts coming close to their places.
During special festivals like Halloween, whether with family or friends, giving our very best wishes has become a tradition. We express our love through best Halloween wishes and make our nearest and dearest know how important they are in our lives by making them laugh, scare, and special with Halloween wishes that are great, spooky, and funny.
Happy Halloween Wishes
- Wishing you a night brimming with frights and a bag loaded with pleasures and delights. Have a Happy Halloween!
- Wishing you a Happy Halloween loaded up with extraordinary treats and bunches of exciting tricks.
- Wishing you a fun Halloween loaded up with magical amazement! May you get heaps of treats that are good to eat.
- You’re the cutest pumpkin in the patch! Have a great Halloween and scary good time.
- As the dark and colder nights come close, have a special and spooktacular Halloween.
- It’s a great opportunity to wrap things up and have a wild and insane Halloween.
- At the point when the dull night shows up and everything transforms into shrewd, simply recall it’s Halloween, simply chill!
- Eat heaps of treats, scare your friends, and don’t be yourself because it’s Halloween!
- This Halloween I’d like to tell you some things – it’s alright to be the devil, it’s alright to have a tattoo, it’s alright to be an angel, it’s alright to trick or treat as well.
- Cheerful Halloween! Time to cut out the pumpkin, draw out the confections and how about we get sugar high.
Great Halloween Wishes For Friends & Family
- May you are blessed with a bag full of sweets, candies, and heaps of fun. Happy Halloween, to all my friends!
- Have a fabulous time getting scared and scaring people in return. May you enjoy the horrors of Halloween.
- I hope you have a great time today as the creepy crawlies and bats living in your home.
- I hope your day doesn’t suck like a vampire. May you have a great Halloween and an absolute scary Halloween night.
- Hey, it’s Halloween. Let’s put on your best and spookiest Halloween Costume, and go trick or treating.
- Spruce up and put on your make up because it’s Halloween. Dress up and celebrate this dark night to the fullest!
- Trick or treat, the decision is yours. Wishing a happy Halloween, from my skeleton to yours.
- May your Halloween be loaded up with magic, spirits, treats, and delicious goodies. I wish you good luck on this Halloween!
- May your Halloween be loaded up with cookies, snickers, apples, candies, and ghosts.
- May you get every one of the treats that you crave. Happy Halloween!
Good Halloween Wishes For Grand Kids – Grandson and Granddaughter
- Hey son, it’s Halloween today. Your grandma and grandpa wish you a smashing time on this Halloween . We hope you dance like a ghost this night.
- I’m watching you to be sure you have a hauntingly incredible Halloween.
- Keep the lights on this night, since no one can tell what might be hiding in the dark. Enjoy the night son!
- Halloween will soon be here, so try your best to have no fear for your Grandmother and Grandfather are always by your side.
- The night is howling for you. Wishing you a creepy fun Halloween!
- Have a Happy and Fun Halloween – Don’t fear the dark!
- We hope your Halloween is fun and spooky. Eat, drink, scare, and get scared!
- Sending you great wishes for a Happy Halloween. Have a fabulous time hanging with your gang!
- Wishing you a boo-tiful Halloween brimming with treats.
- Have a fabulous time scaring people, for it’s the only day you are permitted to do as such. Have an amazing Halloween, kid!
Best Happy Birthday Wishes For Someone Whose Birthday Falls On Halloween
- It’s alright to be a little witch today, it’s your big day. Happy Birthday, dear.
- Best witches on your big day! May you have a great and scare-tacular birthday! You merit all the success and happiness, friend.
- I wish you a sweet, frightening and spooky birthday and of corpse an amazing one as well. Happy celebrating the birthday on Halloween.
- Even though it’s Halloween I wish you a magical birthday, loaded with candies, sweets, surprises, and tricks and treats.
- Have a vibrant and sweet birthday like candy. May you have a terrifying and spooky cold Halloween. Happy birth-ween, friend!
- One more year passed… overlook the trolls and celebrate the best and spookiest Halloween birthday ever.
- Happy birthday to a caring vampire and a wonderful witch! May you have a lot of scary and blissful celebrations to come.
- May your birthday be loaded up with your loved ones, candles, treats, spider webs, and vampires!
- The demons and trolls, the vampires and the witches are wishing you a joyfully terrifying birthday. Glad day of the Hallows, my dear!
- Here’s a great birthday wish to someone special who shares a birthday with the witches, ghosts, and vampires. Happy Birthday and Happy Halloween.
Halloween Wishes For Marriage Anniversary Couples
- Wishing that this day brings you lots of love and happiness. Happy Halloween and Happy Wedding anniversary.
- When black cats are seen, And love is in the air. The moon knows it’s Halloween, On the day of the affair. Happy Hallo Anniversary!
- It is a double special day for both of you. Celebrate your bond of love and commitment… As you drown yourself in the spooky essence of Halloween. Happy anniversary.
- Scarecrows, cornrows, Pumpkins on the wine. Leaves curl, winds swirl, Fall is right on time. Wishing you a very special Happy Anniversary and Happy Halloween.
- You are a ghost from whom I love to be scared all the time. Happy Anniversary, honey.
Romantic Halloween Wishes For Lovers: Girlfriend and Boyfriend, Husband and Wife
- Simply needed to tell you that I’ll chase each one of those scary things away from you this Halloween… That’s what you do when you deeply love someone.
- Completely made for one another simply like Frankenstein and his Wife that is us!
- Your love candy has done something amazing, it is magic on me. Happy Halloween my darling!
- The most satisfying thing this Halloween is… The moment when I made my Mr.Skeleton laugh. I was able to tickle his funny bone with my cemetery jokes.
- You are the spookiest and scariest darling I ever had. You make my heart beat so fast. Happy Halloween.
- I adore you each “witch” way!
Halloween Wishes For Employees and Staff
- Wishing all our employees a great time with their loved ones… May you enjoy the night with the vampires and witches. All the best on Halloween.
- May this Halloween be loaded with magical surprises to you. Wishing you an incredible festival loaded with treats and candies. Have a Happy Halloween.
- Having you as part of our company is the best treat. All the best on Halloween to the staff.
- The time has come to end up all the pending things and prepare for a fun and crazy Halloween.
- Witch-ing every one of the workers a spook-tacular Halloween. Have a great holiday with your loved ones.
- Have fun, because it is Halloween time.
Happy Halloween Wishes For Business Clients and Customers
- Happy Halloween to all our respected clients and customers. We are sure tonight you’ll be disguised as the best zombie, scariest vampire and most entertaining skeleton. All the best on Halloween.
- Confections and desserts, tricks and treats. The most lovely recollections of childhood times on Halloween. Let’s relive those amazing memories by dressing crazy and be a kid once more, for it’s Halloween!
- Happy Halloween to all our spooky customers. May you don’t get scared but you scare many people this night.
- The time has come to get a little playful. Hope you all enjoy tricks and pranks.
- Be on the lookout for something scary because it is Halloween.
Disney Cartoon Halloween Wishes For Kids
- Do you think you are courageous? Then what about asking for a treat at a grave?
- If today you see whatever you have never observed, at that point get prepared for the good times. It is Halloween.
- May you enjoy Halloween to the fullest. May you scare witch and the Ghost.
- You are looking so cute in this Halloween costume. I hope witches and vampires will find you frightening. Happy Halloween
- Try not to scare ghosts too much, you cute little monster. Else, they won’t come next year.
- May on this Halloween you get more treats, with no creepy tricks.
Funny & Spooky Halloween Wishes
- Life with you is simply getting boo-tter and better.
- A treat a day keeps the monster away. Happy Halloween.
- Happy Halloween! Time to cut out the pumpkin, draw out the candies and get sugar high.
- I witch you a glad Halloween. I hope it doesn’t suck like a vampire.
- Everyone is frightened of something. I hope you find yours this night!
- October 31st Halloween is the best day to be weird. Then, on November 1st, you need to put your veil and costume back on to mix into society.
- I hope you dance like a ghost this Halloween. How about we BOOOgie!
- Remember to brush your teeth after Halloween. You don’t want to get a boo-thache (from a dental specialist).
- Hope your mummy isn’t too wrapped up during this spook-tacular Halloween holiday.
There are a whole lot of greeting cards offered in shops on Halloween containing pre-written greetings and sayings. Though purchasing a card saves us time, it is extra special when people compose handwritten greetings for their loved one. Have a look at some awesome Halloween greetings to wish someone Happy Halloween.
Halloween Day Greetings and Sayings
- When black cats prowl and pumpkins glow, When shivery shivers run down your back, When ghosts and goblins ring the chime, Beware and be fearful — it is Halloween time!
- Joyful Howl-o-ween! No matter where you’re on October 31, I am confident that you will wolf down a great deal of candy.
- Michael Myers with his creepy eyes. Jason, Frankenstein, Freddy, Pennywise – all of them draw close, As you look out your window. Do not be afraid!
- May your candy supply last you into the Christmas season.
- Hope your Halloween is just as spooky as you would like it to be no more, and no less.
Traditional Halloween Pun Greetings
- Halloween is here! Best witches for a haunting All Hallows Eve!
- Eat, drink, and be scary. Happy Halloween, pal.
- Have an wonderful fall, an outstanding October, and most importantly, a Happy Halloween!
- October brings crisp, dark cool nights and Halloween frights.
- I hope you get a lot of trick-or-treaters this season. Unless, of course, you would like to keep yourself that big bag of candies!
- Wishing you a spooky great October plus also a fang-tastic Halloween!
Halloween Greetings For Morning Meetings
- Happy Halloween. Hope you have a fantastic holiday break.
- Eat, share, enjoy and be scary.
- When Black Cat’s Prowl, and Pumpkins Gleam… May fortune be yours on Halloween.
- Celebrate the Halloween with cheer.
- Have a frightfully good time on Halloween.
Romantic Halloween Greetings For Him and Her
- Happy Halloween from somebody who is a true bitch at times. Thank you for accepting me.
- I am so thankful you are my [boo-friend/ghoul-friend]. It was love at first fright, when I met with you. Happy Halloween!
- Happy Halloween, you handsome devil!
- You are the most adorable pumpkin in the area!
- You’re the only treat I want for this day! Halloween kisses and hugs to you!
- Happy Halloween, love. I love you.
- I’d really like to take a bite from you this Halloween.
- Ghosts wouldn’t spook you, they wouldn’t dare – You’re far too sweet to scare.
- Being with you in Fang-tastic
- Happy Halloween Sweetie. You’ve set a spell on me.
Halloween Greetings For Grandchildren & Nephew Nieces
- Hello Kids, all treats and no tricks .
- Oh Halloween night, beware of our little monsters. They roam the streets in search of treats, seeking candy at night.
- It is time to boogie and tickle your funny bone. Whatever you do, party more than a ghost could.
- Trick or Treat. Give me some thing best to consume. Give candy to me, give cake to me. Give me something.
- All the Tricks. All the Treats. All the Happy. Have a great Halloween, kids!
Halloween Phrases & Expressions
It does not matter if you copy Halloween phrases from the web, as long as it is exactly what your heart says. Have a look at the listing of catchy and popular Halloween phrases for individuals like you who are having a tricky time searching for the best phrases to write or state on this Halloween.
Popular and Clever Phrases for Halloween
- Believe in the Magic of Halloween
- We’ll Have a Spooky Good Time
- Eat, Drink & Be Scary
- It’s All About the Candy
- Sit For a Spell and Enjoy a Brew
- It’s a Boo-tiful Night For Halloween
- Let’s Have a Skele-ton of Fun!
- If You’ve Never Carved a Pumpkin, You Don’t Know Jack
- Happy Howl-oween!
- Have a Spooky Good Halloween
Catchy Phrases for Halloween Invitation
- Don’t Worry – We Don’t Bite (Much)
- Ghouls Just Want to Have Fun
- Join Our Coven
- Let the Ghoul Times Roll
- Welcome to Your Nightmare
- Vampires Party All Night
- Halloween Lovers Only
Funny Halloween Phrases
- Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet, Give Me Something Good to Eat!
- Don’t Make Me Flip My Witch Switch
- Avoid the Walking Dead. Take the Bus.
- Vampires Know How to Have a Bloody Good Time
Flirt Pickup Lines for Him/Her on Halloween
- I can smell the sweetness of your blood. Can I sip a bit of it?
- Scary with you is better than scary without you
- Some of us are just in love with Halloween! Who wouldn’t want to chance to be in the dark with the person that they love the most?
- Thoughts of you haunt me night n’ day. Happy Halloween, darling.
- I feel it in my bones that I am luckiest person coz I ended up with you as my sweetheart.
- If you ever become a ghost, feel free to haunt me.
Following is a list of best spooky Halloween sayings — a few composed by our team and a few taken from publications and movies. Use them to your own signs, crafts, or perhaps carve them into the side of a Jack-o-Lantern.
Gravestone Tombstone Sayings for Halloween Yard Hunt
- John caught a fishbone in his throat… Which made him sing an angel’s note
- Under this stone my wife doth lie… Now she is at rest and so am I
- I was Carolina Born And Carolina bred And here I lay… Carolina dead!
- Here Lies Our Beloved Randy… Kicked the Bucket From Too Much Halloween Candy
- Shot in the head with a golfer rifle… He sure put a hole in Elvis!
- Here at rest lies Cowboy Joe. Grabbed the bull by the horns… But forgot to let go
- An excessive amount of candy made Billy burst. They boxed up the pieces in the coffin
- Owen Moore passed … Owin’ more than he could pay!
On the 22nd day of June… Jimmy Hoffa went out of tune.
- William Gunder created one small blunder… Now he is six feet under
- Spooky Scary Halloween Headstone Sayings for Graveyard
- As you pass and throw a watch. Since you’re currently… So once was I
- I Shall Return on All Hallows Eve
- Born January 10, 1810. Buried April 8, 1879. Died April 11, 1879.
- Most of us have a debt to nature due. I have paid mine and so should you
- The leader, the wise and the courageous… Must try out the cold, dark and silent grave
- Here I lay, rotting away
Mummy Sayings for Halloween
- Mummy mummy mummy I got love in my tummy and I feel like haunting you.
- What kind of music did the mummies play at the Halloween party? The answer is, Wrap!
- Yummy Mummy. If you dare to unwrap this cute little mummy, you will find a treat that’s yummy for your tummy.
- What was the mummies’ Halloween holiday like? Nobody knows. They were too wrapped up to tell us.
- Mummies love Halloween because of all the free candy wrappers!
Halloween Spider Sayings
- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself… and spiders. Happy Halloweens
- The cobwebs in my home, just became decorations. Thanks Halloween.
- Do you know what did the spider say to the fly on Halloween? The web is the Trick and you are the Treat!
Halloween Owl Sayings
- On Halloween, the witches fly across the dark sky. The owls go, “Who? Who? Who?”. The black cats yowl and the ghosts howl.
- Happy Owl-oween
- When owls Owl and ghosts Howl, it is the time for Halloween.
Halloween Skeleton Sayings
- I got a Halloween feeling inside my bones.
- Why don’t skeletons go trick or treating on Halloween? It’s because they have nobody to go with.
- The world dies over and over again, but the skeleton always gets up and walks.
Halloween Pumpkin Sayings
- When black cats yowl and pumpkins gleam; May luck be yours on Halloween.
- There is magic in the Halloween night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.
- Halloween pumpkins aglow. Come see the show.
- Do you know why Jack-o-Lantern feels sad on Halloween? It’s because he felt emptied inside!
Halloween Dental Care & Tooth Brushing Sayings
- After the Halloween is over, do not forget to brush your teeth. You don’t want to get a boo-thache.
- Your smile looks Boo-Ti-Ful. So remember to brush your teeth after feeding on candies.
- Trick or Treat. Brush your teeth. Flossing keeps your Fangs on Fleek.
- What did the ghost say when he found out he had cavities? Boo Hoo!
- A good meal prior to trick-or-treating, will help keep sugary snacking at bay.
- Allow your kids to have a treat or two, but make sure they brush and floss before heading to bed.
Halloween Ghosts Vampires and Witches Sayings
- Silent phantoms of the night. In their robes of ghostly white. They are always to be seen on the night of Halloween.
- Witch and Ghost make merry on this last night of October.
- Ghosts and Goblins. Spooks Galore. Scary Witches. At your door Jack-o-Lanterns Smiling Bright. What a Haunting Halloween!
- When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, tis near Halloween.
Sharing spooky and funny Halloween messages with your relatives and other community members are the perfect way to get your gang ready for the festival and also indulge in the Halloween celebrations.
Halloween Messages For Friends and Family
- Halloween is a day that allows us to dress up as our favorite characters and act crazy without anyone thinking we’re mad. Happy Halloween.
- Have fun dressing up, getting candies, and getting scared. Wishing you an enjoyable Halloween.
- Halloween is around the corner; do not tremble with fear. Witch-ing you a great Halloween.
- I hope your Halloween is filled with spine-chilling scares.
- Let the magical power of Halloween light your broom along with your spirit. Create spooky costumes, jack-o-lanterns that are incredible and also have fun trick-o-treating!
- Pumpkin carving, witch hunting, trick-o-treating, and dance! Enjoy this Halloween!
Scary Whatsapp Text Messages for Halloween Night
- Wishing you have a night filled with spooky fun. Have a great Halloween.
- Tonight is the night when you’re going through the fright. Don’t be scared. For it is the Halloween night, be ready. Wishing you creepy pleasure on Halloween.
- May the splendor of Halloween fill your life with vibrant candies. Let’s make the most of the festivity.
- Hope this Halloween is filled with magical, creepy and fun surprises that create memories you will cherish forever. Enjoy a spooktacular Halloween.
Halloween Messages For College and School Students
- If you don’t see something scary on Halloween, do not worry. Just look yourself in the mirror and start making merry.
- Your very first pumpkin is here, your very first fall and your costume too. I hope that you have a good 1st Halloween!
- Get prepared for pumpkin smashing, trick-or-treating, scary costumes, and a lot of spooky fun. Have a frightening and joyful Halloween.
- Gear up and select the funniest apparel, mask your head and frighten everyone about it. Take pleasurable and have a super-scary Halloween.
- Hope that you get a beautiful, frightening and spooky encounter this Halloween.
Halloween Party Invitation Messages
- We are throwing a party for Halloween night. Join us at our annual Halloween haunted house for a spooktacular Halloween celebration.
- Calling all Goblins, Ghosts, and Freaks of the 31st October night. Creep to our Halloween Costume Fright.
- Halloween is here, so catch your mask or your own broom. The (Smith) family is going to be your host, come dressed on your own, a ghost or a witch! There’ll be beverage, food and witch’s brew. Now, all we need is you!
- What are you doing on 31st October? How about drinking, dancing and having a super fun time? Come over to your Halloween party that the [Smith Family] are brewing for this Halloween Night.
- We are throwing a Halloween celebration. Come spice the night up by dressing in the best costume and enjoy meals, games, and dance under the moonlight.
- A grand party is brewing this Halloween night! Get dressed in your most crazy and join us for a fantastic celebration.
Halloween Captions and Hashtags
When uploading and sharing your Halloween costume or Halloween party photos on social media, it’s ideal that you put a great caption along with some hashtags to go with your pics. Here we have rounded up some of the best Halloween captions and lines for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. These captions perfectly complement the festival and add some spark to your photos.
Halloween Captions for Instagram
- Have a spook-tacular night
- Too cute to spook
- Bugs and hisses
- Happy Halloween, witches
- Have a boo-tiful night
- So glad to live in a world where there are Halloweens
- Ghouls just having fun
- Cutest pumpkin in the patch
- The magic happens here
- Be afraid… Be very afraid
Halloween Tweets for Twitter
- If I ghost you after tonight, you know why. Happy Halloween
- And the spell has begun
- There’s a magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight
- I love Halloween. I love the spooky dangers lurking in every corner, every window.
- The bad guys are here to spread terror and fear
- HAPPY SPOOKY SEASON! These monsters would like to wish you a happy Halloween
Halloween Status Lines for Facebook
- Wishing you all a merry Halloween and a happy new scare
- Sending you good wishes for a Happy Halloween. Have fun hanging with the gang!
- Wishing you an eerie, spooky, hair-raising, spell-binding Halloween!
- Here is wishing you a Halloween adventure filled with memories of love and creepiness.
- We are the weirdos mister. HAPPY HALLOWEEN