Employee Appreciation Day is a secular holiday observed annually on the first Friday in March in countries like the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada. It was created in 1995, as a day for companies and CEOs to thank their employees for their diligent work and effort they have put into throughout the year.
National Employee Appreciation Day comes every year on the first Friday in March. Celebrated in many parts of the world, the day is meant to honor employees for the work they do every day and thank them for their great services.
Happy National Employee Appreciation Day!
National Employee Appreciation Day 2019: All You Need To Know
Want to skip ahead to a particular section?
- 1 National Employee Appreciation Day 2019: All You Need To Know
- 1.1 National Employee Appreciation Day: What is it?
- 1.2 National Employee Appreciation Day: What does it mean?
- 1.3 History of Employee Appreciation Day: Who created, when created, why created?
- 1.4 Employee Appreciation Day: Celebrations & Activities
- 1.5 Here’s how Employee Appreciation Day is celebrated:
- 1.6 National Employee Appreciation Day Ideas: Ideas for Large Companies, Ideas for Small Companies, Gift Ideas, Activity Ideas, Celebration Ideas
- 2 Fun Things To Do For Employee Appreciation Day:
- 2.1 National Employee Appreciation Day: What’s the importance?
- 2.2 Employee Appreciation Day Thank You Notes & Messages (Latest)
- 2.3 Employee Appreciation Day: Answers To Most Frequently Asked Questions
- 2.4 What is National Employee Appreciation Day?
- 2.5 When was Employee Appreciation Day created?
- 2.6 How do you celebrate Employee Appreciation Day?
- 2.7 What does Employee Appreciation Day mean?
- 2.8 National Employee Appreciation Day 2019: Quick Facts
The 2019 National Employee Appreciation Day will be celebrated on the first Friday in March. This year it will be on March 1st. This ‘unofficial’ holiday will be celebrated in many parts of the world, with major celebrations in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia.
Employee Appreciation Day 2019 Date: Friday, March 1, 2019
Observed by: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia
National Employee Appreciation Day: What is it?
Employee Appreciation Day falls on the first Friday of March. The day is meant to honor employees everywhere. The ‘informal’ holiday is also to remind employers to recognize and reward their employee’s hard work and to offer tips for building a more grounded corporate culture through employee recognition and appreciation.
Celebrated on the first Friday of March, the day is used by companies, CEOs, and organization to thank their employees for their efforts and services.
National Employee Appreciation Day: What does it mean?
Employee Appreciation Day is all about honoring your employees, thanking them for their great services, and appreciating them for their diligent work. The main purpose of this day is to strengthen the bond between employer and employee.
Employees are a company’s greatest asset. When employees feel their organization thinks about their prosperity and well being, they are more engaged and more likely to go that extra mile. To put it plainly, when businesses or employers, express gratitude through Employee Day celebration, employee job fulfillment and commitment increase.
History of Employee Appreciation Day: Who created, when created, why created?
National Employee Appreciation Day is an “unofficial” holiday created in 1995 by Bob Nelson, a founding Recognition Professional International board member, along with his publishing company, Workman Publishing.
Falling on the first Friday of March, the day is an opportunity for CEOs, company leadership, and managers to remember the importance of appreciating employees and thanking them for their work and services.
Employee Appreciation Day Founding Date: Friday, March 3, 1995
Employee Appreciation Day Founder: Bob Nelson
Purpose: Appreciating employees for their job services
Employee Appreciation Day: Celebrations & Activities
Employee Appreciation Day is an opportunity for CEOs, business managers, and company supervisors to recollect the significance of valuing their workers. Companies and organizations often celebrate the day by offering gifts, incentives, bonuses or arranging celebration events for their workers. It is a growing importance of acknowledging employees as it drives and motivates them to work more diligently and better.
Here’s how Employee Appreciation Day is celebrated:
Breakfast Buffet & Lunch Dates for Employees – On Employee Appreciation Day, many companies and firms observe a day full of fun activities and surprises for their outstanding employees. A full breakfast buffet awaits for employees in the beautifully decorated break room. Employees enjoy donuts, coffee, and fresh pancakes.
The fun doesn’t end here. Plenty more surprises come over the entire day, including an evening lunch full of beverages, treats, delicious dishes with movies playing in the break rooms, and also a special greeting of all workers right at the entrance door. Other celebrations include outdoor BBQ parties, outdoor picnics, and lunch dates at restaurants.
Gifting Vouchers & Hampers – Gifting vouchers and hampers to employees is another common tradition followed by employers for their hard-working employees. On Employee Appreciation Day, employees are awarded exclusive gift vouchers, like a shopping spree at a local grocery store, or gift hampers such as a laptop, mobile, or gaming console. Top hard-working employees of big firms may also be awarded travel coupons, holiday package tickets, and spa vouchers on Employee Appreciation Day.
Rewarding Employee Effort & Offering Tips – Employee Appreciation Day is a perfect event to appreciate your staff and encourage them to achieve their potential. Employers celebrate National Employee Appreciation Day to demonstrate their gratefulness to their employees. Doing random acts of appreciation, like taking the entire team out for ice cream, bringing in pizzas for afternoon tea, letting employees leave early for home, and rewarding tips to top best workers.
National Employee Appreciation Day is celebrated with full swing in countries like US, UK, Australia, and Canada. Other celebrations include presenting certificates, playing games, and enjoying parties.
National Employee Appreciation Day Ideas: Ideas for Large Companies, Ideas for Small Companies, Gift Ideas, Activity Ideas, Celebration Ideas
Employee Appreciation Day is a time to say thank you to all the hardworking employees, appreciating their efforts, and encouraging them to serve your company with great dedication – by rewarding them with gifts, hampers, bonuses, and certificates on this day.
In 2019, the world will celebrate Employee Appreciation Day on Friday, March 1. But how about celebrating this day in a unique way with employees of your company. Here we have compiled a huge list of what to do on National Employee Appreciation Day and shared some amazing celebration and activity ideas for large and small companies.
Fun Things To Do For Employee Appreciation Day:
- Praising employees publicly in front of peers and superiors
- Awarding certificates and trophies to employees
- Adding a bunch of delicious dishes in lunch or doing something extraordinary than normal lunch period
- Rewarding employees with ‘work from home days’
- Writing a thank you note to your employees and telling them how they have made you proud
- Everyone dreams of half-day office shift. Let it happen on Employee Appreciation Day!
- Organize a thank you meeting or throw a thank you party for employees
- Got company swag? Gift company apparel such as tees or sweatshirts to employees doing well
- Organizing a lunch out with the CEOs can feel special, especially for firms where bosses have little interaction with the junior staff
- Call a food truck to park outside the office building, then treat everyone to lunch
- Rewarding employees with surprise bonuses and gift hampers
- Gifting vouchers and coupons such as grocery voucher, fuel tank card, spa coupons to your employees
- Everybody loves the advantage of getting to shop for free, so why not reward your employees with personalized Gift Cards?
- Organize games, parties, outdoor picnics, BBQ nights for your whole office staff
- Rewarding hardworking employees with new laptops, mobile phones, watches, and other similar gadgets
- Large companies can gift family holiday packages to their best employees
National Employee Appreciation Day: What’s the importance?
National Employee Appreciation Day is all about appreciating the hard work and achievements of the people and teams inside your company. It’s really about making an emotional association with your employees and your organization, all while acknowledging the work your workers do and remaining legitimate to your company’s values. Rewarding your employees for a job well done and recognizing their efforts can make them feel esteemed, honored, and even loved.
Companies that appreciate team members for their services enjoy stronger engagement, better client service, lower turnover, and increased employee morale. An employee is a company’s greatest asset, and showing appreciation through celebration can result in higher ROI, employee job satisfaction, engagement increase, and expansion in business results.
All these things make National Employee Appreciation Day a very, very important day.
Employee Appreciation Day Thank You Notes & Messages (Latest)
Good employees flourish at work when they realize their contributions have meaning. Telling your workers the ways in which their work matters to you or the company, help keep your workers engaged and excited about their job. Here is some latest Employee Appreciation Day thank you notes to appreciate your employees this year:
- All bosses would be calm and cool if they had professional employees like you. Much obliged to you.
- Team workers like you are the epitome of professionalism. Much thanks to you for conveying your best to work each and every day.
- From friendship to mentorship to leadership, you have given this company a warm kinship in each possible form. Thanks for your diligent work and great services.
- I hold you in HIGH regard since you have set HIGH benchmarks for different representatives with your HIGH-quality work. Much obliged to you.
- I see how hard you work for this previous task. I really appreciate all you are doing for the company. For that, you deserve a break and a BONUS from your Boss!
- Interns appreciate you, your colleagues respect you and your boss trusts you – thank you for being an incredibly good example for everyone around you.
- Much obliged to you for conveying your inspirational attitude to work each day. Projects become simpler to execute, changes become easier to implement and everyday problems become easier to solve. The walls of this office would be weakened without your services, thank you for standing strong!
- Much obliged to you for your hard work and honest. We truly value your style of work. Well done.
- You are so fundamental to this company that it makes me wonder whether you are my greatest strength or greatest weakness. Thanks for standing strong.
- A debt of gratitude is in order for being an asset to this company, a trusty subordinate to your boss and a source of motivation for your colleagues.
Employee Appreciation Day: Answers To Most Frequently Asked Questions
Find out more about Employee Appreciation Day, including when it was created, traditions, and celebrations. Get answers to all your questions related this day here.
What is National Employee Appreciation Day?
National Employee Appreciation Day is all about honoring employees, recognizing their efforts, and appreciating them for their outstanding services. On this day, bosses, CEOs, and company owners thank their employees for their diligent work and effort they have put into throughout the year.
When was Employee Appreciation Day created?
Employee Appreciation Day was created in 1995 by Bob Nelson.
How do you celebrate Employee Appreciation Day?
Employee Appreciation Day is celebrated by rewarding your employees with gifts, certificates, and bonuses. Some companies also gift travel holiday packages, organize luxury restaurant lunch, and throw ‘thank you’ parties for the employees.
What does Employee Appreciation Day mean?
Celebrated on the first Friday of March, Staff Appreciation Day is used by companies, CEOs, and organization to thank their workers/employees for their efforts and services. The holiday reminds employers to recognize and reward their employee’s hard work and to offer tips for building a more grounded corporate culture through employee recognition and appreciation.
National Employee Appreciation Day 2019: Quick Facts
Employee Appreciation Day is an unofficial holiday that is observed on the first Friday of March. It is a day for companies to thank their employees and honor them for the hard work they do throughout the year. The holiday is widely celebrated in countries like United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
Date: Friday, March 1, 2019
Significance: National Employee Appreciation Event; honoring employees and thanking them for their services
Also called: Employee Day or Staff Appreciation Day
Observed by: People in many countries
Observances: Sending thank you notes to employees, rewarding employees with gift hampers, throwing ‘thank you’ parties for workers, lunch out with workers, appreciating employees