The National Lemon Cream Pie Day is celebrated every 29th of November each year. This day gives recognition to lemon cream pie – everyone’s favorite pie. Lemon cream pie is made from buttered pie crust and lemon-flavored curd. Other crusts that can be used include shortbread or graham cracker. Instead of lemon curd, cream cheese or other creamy and light fillings may be used. If you are a fan of lemon cream pie, then you must not miss the celebration of the National Lemon Cream Pie Day, This Day celebrate same as people do National Pumpkin Pie Day & National Boston Cream Pie Day
About the National Lemon Cream Pie Day
During the National Lemon Cream Pie Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own lemon cream pie at home that they can consume by themselves or be shared with their family and friends. Other people prefer to buy some lemon cream pie from a bakery or pastry shop that offers them. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
Historical records show that lemon cream pie is a southern specialty which was made during the 1920s. However, it should be noted that lemon flavored desserts have already existed before the emergence of lemon cream pie.
With limited knowledge about the origins of lemon cream pie, even less is known about the history of the National Lemon Cream Pie Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that lemon cream pies are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
Also Read: National Girl Scout Day
As mentioned earlier, the National Lemon Cream Pie Day is celebrated every 29th of November each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Sunday, November 29, 2020
- Monday, November 29, 2021
- Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- Wednesday, November 29, 2023
- Friday, November 29, 2024
- Saturday, November 29, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Lemon Cream Pie Day as best as it can be:
Make Some Lemon Cream Pie
Of course, the best idea for your celebration of this day is to make some lemon cream pie. To do so, prepare a mixing bowl. Add in 8-ounce of softened cream cheese and beat it until the texture becomes creamy. Add in 14-ounce of sweetened condensed milk and a quarter cup of lemon juice. Beat the mixture until it becomes very creamy. Afterwards, fold in 20-ounce of lemon pie filling and stir. Pour all the mixture into a 9-inch graham cracker crust. Chill in the fridge for a few hours. Serve your deliciously made lemon cream pie and enjoy.
Buy Some Lemon Cream Pie
Another good idea for your celebration of this wonderful day is to order some lemon cream pies from the bakery or pastry shop. For sure, these stores will be offering lots of these pies during or even before the event because they expect that a great demand for this pastry will come due to the celebration. Just make sure to buy one or some from a bakery or pastry shop that offers delicious lemon cream pies. A renowned pastry shop or bakery will do both also Chocolate Pecan Pie & National Raspberry Cream Pie . This alternative is best for people who want to indulge themselves into some delicious lemon cream pies yet they do not have the time to make some for themselves.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalLemonCreamPieDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- She wanted to savor him slowly like a lemon cream pie on a lazy summer day. One bite at a time. – Sandra Jones
- But if they were afraid of lemon meringue pie, this would be an irrational fear, because lemon meringue pie is delicious and has never hurt a soul. – Lemony Snicket
- I’m a sweet eater. I love lemon pie and sweet potato pie. – Claude Williams
- In all my work, I try to say – ‘You may be given a load of sour lemons, why not try to make a dozen lemon meringue pies?’ – Maya Angelou
- Divided like boys and girls at a summer camp, egg whites and yolks in grandma’s lemon-meringue-pie recipe, dogs and cats in pet heaven. – Dennis Vickers
- Everything we’ve been through in our lives we’ve done together. I held her hand at your parent’s funeral, remember your mom’s lemon pie every time I go through the produce section. I know she hates storms and love being there for her when she reaches out. – Adriana Locke
- Harnessing adversity is a discipline tailored to a world of unpredictable outcomes–a world where one can disturb, but not wholly direct, a living system. Because the unexpected–adversity–is guaranteed, this discipline is about routinely making lemons into lemon meringue pie. – Richard Pascale
- I’ve put an umbrella in my mouth and opened it. I sat in a lemon-meringue pie. – Steve Martin
- Sure, they only had ten days to stop the giants from waking Gaia. Sure, he could die before dinnertime. But he loved being told that something was impossible. It was like someone handing him a lemon meringue pie and telling him not to throw it. He just couldn’t resist the challenge. – Rick Riordan
- My father who I know is up there right now, with a big pot of gumbo, he’s got a lemon meringue pie, he’s probably in his underwear, and he’s got a cold can of Miller Lite and he’s dancing. – Matthew McConaughey