The is celebrated every 1st of August every year. During this time around, raspberries become ripe throughout the entire country, which is why people take advantage of such time to make delicious raspberry cream pies, which is pretty much everyone’s favorite. Don’t miss the chance to indulge yourself in this amazing treat on August 1.
About the National Raspberry Cream Pie Day
Raspberries are the edible fruits of the raspberry plant. One raspberry contains about 100 small drupelets that bind together to make up that one fruit. Each drupelet is filled with juice. Raspberries are healthy fruits which contain lots of fiber, manganese, vitamins C, B1, B3, folic acid, iron, copper, and magnesium.
During the National Raspberry Cream Pie Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the purposes or objectives of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own raspberry cream pies. Those who don’t have the time to do that instead go to the store to buy one. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of this day.
Even though we have conducted extensive research about the origins and history of the National Raspberry Cream Pie Day, we are not sure as to how it started or who even founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such a holiday began – perhaps a person or a group of people thought that raspberry cream pies have become staple desserts or snacks by the people, and that they have been loved so much. That warrants such celebration to be conducted every 1st of August each year. Kudos to those who have started this celebration, whoever they may be!
As mentioned earlier, the National Raspberry Cream Pie Day is celebrated every August 1 of the year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Saturday, August 1,
- Sunday, August 1,
- Monday, August 1, 2022
- Tuesday, August 1, 2023
- Thursday, August 1, 2024
- Friday, August 1, 2025
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Raspberry Cream Pie Day:
It is Extremely Delicious
Obviously, there wouldn’t have been a celebration such as the National Raspberry Cream Pie Day had it not been for the treat’s extreme deliciousness. You should not miss the chance to taste or indulge yourself into these sweet pies. You will surely fall in love with them, especially during this celebration.
It Can Be Healthy
Just because it is a pie does not mean that Raspberry Cream Pies are unhealthy. Remember that raspberries are healthy fruits because they contain lots of vitamins and minerals needed by the body. So you should celebrate the day to take advantage of that.
It Would Be Fun
Eating delicious raspberry cream pies will trigger your brain to release hormones that will make you feel happy and satisfied. This is yet another good reason to celebrate the day.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Raspberry Cream Pie Day as best as it can be:
Make Your Own Delicious Raspberry Cream Pie
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 3 oz. of packaged Raspberry jello
- 8 oz. Cool-Whip
- 1 pack of graham cracker pie crust
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup of ice-cold water
- Lay crushed grahams on a container then sprinkle over some fresh raspberries on top of it. Set this aside.
- Put the raspberry jello in a medium sized bowl contained ½ cup of boiling water to dissolve it. Grab a spoon then dip it into the bowl. Make sure that granules of sugar no longer appear.
- Add 1 cup of ice-cold water into the bowl.
- Put the container of Cool-Whip. Don’t whip it, just fold it.
- Pour the mixture over the crust with raspberries. Refrigerate this for an hour.
- Serve your delicious Raspberry Cream Pie and enjoy. Better to share with your family and friends.
Buy One from the Bakery
It is indeed easy to make your own Raspberry Cream Pie. But if you don’t have the time to do that, then you can just turn on to an alternative – buying delicious raspberry cream pies from the bakery or pastry shop. For sure, lots of these stores will be offering these delicious treats expecting that a great demand for them will be observed during the National Raspberry Cream Pie Day.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can use the hashtag #NationalRapsberryCreamPieDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
- Raspberries grow in temperate regions.
- Raspberries were once grown only during midsummer. However, with cultivation technologies, they can now be grown all year round.
- One raspberry weigh about 0.11 to 0.18 oz.
- One bush of a raspberry plant yield hundreds of berries each year.
- Raspberries produce more fiber than other fruits including prunes.
- There are more than 200 species raspberries.
- Raspberries belong to the rose family. So are strawberries.
- Strawberries can be any of four colors – red, black, yellow, and purple. The first two are the most common ones.
- Today, August 1, is the National Raspberry Cream Pie Day. Don’t forget to grab a slice, or even a whole pie of this delicious treat for you to indulge on.
- Make some good raspberry cream pie today because it is the National Raspberry Cream Pie Day! I hope your enjoy your celebration!
- Happy National Raspberry Cream Pie Day! Hope you share your pie with me because I desperately want it!
- No one’s touching my raspberry cream pie today! It is mine alone! Go make your own or buy your one. But we can eat together! Let’s enjoy the day!
- Have a fun celebration of the National Raspberry Cream Pie Day with your beloved friends and family!
National Raspberry Cream Pie Day Quotes
- Imagine a world, in which your entire possession is one raspberry, and you give it to your friend. – Gerda Weissmann Klein
- I love berries. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, black berries, anything with an ‘errie’ in it! – Jordin Sparks
- I was especially perceptive to all things beautiful that morning-raspberries in blue china bowls were enough to make the heart sing. – Irene Hunt
- There is something in the red of a raspberry pie that looks as good to a man as the red in a sheep looks to a wolf. – E. W. Howe
- Eat more berries. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and other varieties have anthocyanins that can help reverse some loss of balance and memory associated with aging. – David H. Murdock
- For future reference, Harry, it is raspberry…although of course, if I were a Death Eater, I would have been sure to research my own jam preferences before impersonating myself. – J. K. Rowling
- Have you ever noticed the softness of a kitten’s feet? – they are like raspberries to hold in one’s hand. – Anne Douglas Sedgwick
- Modern music is three farts and a raspberry, orchestrated. – John Barbirolli
- Anyone who, for 25 years, has built a career on such tenuous foundations as a high-pitched giggle, a raspberry and a sprinkling of top ‘Cs’ needs all the friends he can get. – Harry Secombe