The Brother’s Day is celebrated every 24th of May each year. This event gives honor to our brothers who have been there with us through thick and thin. They help us whenever we need it. We surely can count on them and because of that, they have a special place in our hearts. To show our appreciation and love for them, we celebrate the Brother’s Day every year.
About the Brother’s Day
During the Brother’s Day celebration, people celebrate by conducting various activities that let them show their love and appreciation for their brothers. Most people celebrate by spending the day with their brothers. They also give them gifts such as shoes and other manly products that they may need. Brothers may not be talkative and showy when it comes to expressing their love for their loved ones such as family and friends. But deep within their hearts, they do care for the people in their loves. It is time to give back to this love that they give. Hence, people do various activities to make their brothers feel love as much as possible during this special day of celebration.
Unfortunately, even with extensive research about this holiday, we are quite unsure as to how this event started or even who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why this event was founded. Perhaps, a person or a group of people thought that we all celebrate all sorts of family holidays such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Siblings Day, and Sisters’ Day but we have none for Brothers. So perhaps this is why such event was started.
As mentioned above the Brother’s Day is always celebrated on the 24th of May each year.
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the Brother’s Day:
Brothers Are Very Understanding
At first, when they are young, brothers can be very annoying and immature. They prank us and do various stuff they find funny but not us. However, despite of that child-like behavior, our brothers are very much understanding. Whenever we need help, they are there for us. For instance, they can accompany us to go anywhere we want be it shopping for clothes, going to get grocery, paying the bills, cleaning the house, etc. They are also good sympathizers. They can understand our feelings well and give us great advice, especially once they have matured enough.
Brothers Protect Us
Another good characteristic of brothers that is worth celebrating during the Brother’s Day is that they are good protectors. They will not allow anyone to bully us. They stand up for us. If we get into a fight, they make sure that we win. This is their instinct that will last up for a lifetime.
Brothers Are Eternally Good Friends
You should also celebrate this event to remember the fact that our brothers will always be there for us. We are not going to lose them for a lifetime. They are our special friend who will be able to bond with us even if we already live apart from each other due to having a family.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Brother’s Day as best as it can be:
Spend Good Time with Your Brother
There are so many good activities you can do during this day that will make you spend a good time with your brother. You can make barbecue with him, watch a live sport with him, or even just go for a brunch. If you two are adventurous, you can invite him to go mountain hiking or trekking with him. You can also ride the bicycle with him. This holiday is just as fun as the bicycle day .
Show Him How Much You Love and Appreciate Him
Also a good way to celebrate this day is to show your brother how much you love or appreciate him. Apart from hanging out with him, you may perhaps give him a letter you have written from deep within your heart. From that letter, let him know that you truly love him and that you are proud to have a brother like him.
Buy Your Brother Something He Likes
You can also celebrate this day by buying your brother something that he likes – shoes, perfume, t-shirt, shorts, pants, a game console, etc. Better yet, bring him to the mall and ask him what he wants to buy. For sure, your bother will appreciate this move of yours and that thing you give him will be something he will treasure for the rest of his life.
Celebrate on Social Media
You should take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #Brother’sDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day.
Greetings and Messages
- To have a bro like you is a blessing! Happy Brother’s Day!
- You are my first and forever best friend. Happy Brother’s Day!
- Big Hearted, Reliable, Outstanding, Truthful, Handsome, Encouraging, Respectful. That’s how I see you my BROTHER. Happy Brother’s Day!
- I never fear anything because I know you are always by my side. Happy Brother’s Day!
- Thank you for always guiding me. Happy Brother’s Day!
- Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. Happy Brother’s Day!
- Who needs a superhero when they have a brother like you? Happy Brother’s Day!
- Because I have a brother, I will always have a best friend. Happy Brother’s Day!
- Because brothers don’t let each other wanted in the dark alone. Happy Brother’s Day!
- You literally had my back always. Happy Brother’s Day!
- It was nice growing up with someone like you – someone to lean on, someone to count on, someone to tell on. Happy Brother’s Day!
- There is no love like the love for a brother. There is no love like the love from a brother. Happy Brother’s Day!
- A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams. Happy Brother’s Day!
- You are the reason why my childhood was filled with fun and my teenage was filled with adventures. Happy Brother’s Day!
- Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” – Marc Brown
- “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.”
- “Brothers are what best friends can never be.”
- “What strange creatures brothers are!” – Jane Austen
- “We came into the world like brother and brother; And now let’s go hand in hand, not one before another.” – William Shakespeare
- “God blesses him who helps his brother.” – Abu Bakr
- “Never make a companion equal to a brother.” – Hesiod
- “I had a brother who was my saviour, made my childhood bearable.” – Maurice Sendak
- “Because brothers don’t let each other wander in the dark alone.” – Jolene Perry
- “There is no buddy like a brother.”
- “Who needs superheroes when you have a brother.”
- “One can be a brother only in something. Where there is no tie that binds men, men are not united but merely lined up.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “A brother is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit.”
- “Happiness is having a younger brother who is taller than you.”
- “The happiest days of my youth were when my brother and I would run through the woods and feel quite safe.” – Rachel Weisz
- “I smile because you’re my brother. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it!”
- “Ambitious. Caring. Positive. Strong. Helpful. Awesome. Reliable. Because I have a brother, I will always have a friend.”