Cats are adorable and cute pets that we love taking care of. Most of the time, they cuddle with us and relieve us of our stress. They also help us in maintaining a cleaner home by chasing after rodents that try to infest our house. However, when we are busy at work or school, we do not have a lot of time for our pet cats. That is why we should celebrate the Hug Your Cat Day every 4th of June each year.
About the Hug Your Cat Day
During the Hug Your Cat Day, people celebrate by doing various kinds of activities that let them express their love for their cats. People pamper their cats by taking them to the pet salon for grooming. They also feed their cats the most expensive kinds of cat foods. They also spend quality time with them by walking their cats on the park.
Unfortunately, even with extensive research about this holiday, we are not sure as to how it started and also who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why this event started- perhaps a person or a group of people thought that cats deserve to be loved and a special occasion for that should be held. Hence, the Hug Your Cat Day was started.
As mentioned earlier, the Hug Your Cat Day is celebrated every 4th of June each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Thursday, June 4, 2020
- Friday, June 4, 2021
- Saturday, June 4, 2022
- Sunday, June 4, 2023
- Tuesday, June 4, 2024
Why Celebrate Hug Your Cat
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the Hug Your Cat Day:
Cats Deserve Some Love
One good reason why you should celebrate this day is that cats deserve love from us people especially their owners. We probably spend of our time at school or at work and leave our pet cats at home alone. But just like people they also need some love. Hence, you should go celebrate this day in order to give your pet cat this love that they deserve.
Cats Are Your Friends Forever
Cats will be your friends forever. Although their life span is not as long as ours, they remain to be in our hearts even after they depart this world. The sad thing is that you will not be able to celebrate the Hug Your Cat Day every year forever with your cat. Hence, as long as your cat lives, make the most out of it by celebrating this special event.
It is Fun to Celebrate
Also a good reason to celebrate this day is that it is simply fun to do so. You can spend quality time with your pet cat and so all sorts of activities that you both will enjoy.
Hug Your Cat Celebration ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Hug Your Cat Day as best as it can be:
Hug Your Cat
One good idea for you to celebrate this day in a really good way is obviously to hug your cat. You have the entire day to make this opportunity happen. Just make sure not to upset your cat so that it wont have a bad day.
Volunteer at a Cat Shelter
You can also celebrate this day by volunteering at a cat shelter. These shelters need some extra manpower in cleaning the home of cats, cleaning the cats, and feeding them. You might want to lend them a hand in taking care of the cats living there.
Host a Kitty Party
You can also host a kitty party where you can invite your friends and their pet cats. This can make your cat enjoy its social life and even potentially find its mate or partner.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can use the hashtag #HugYourCatDay in a picture of you hugging your cat. This will let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
- “Wishing you a Happy Hug Your Cat Day with your darling cat. May your bond of love always blessed with happiness and love.”
- “You are truly fortunate to have such a loving cat and your cat is very lucky to have a master like you. Wish you both Happy Hug Your Cat Day.”
- “May there is more love, more care and more affection in your relationship. Wishing you a blessed and Happy Hug Your Cat Day.”
- “Cats are the most loving creatures on earth and you are very lucky to have in your life. Happy Hug Your Cat Day to you!!!”
- “Wishing you a very Happy Hug Your Cat Day. Spend this day with your furry friend and make it a special one for her.”
- “On the occasion of Hug Your Cat Day, I wish you always shower your cat with all the love in this world and also get the same.”
- “Blessed are those who have cats who love them unconditionally. Wishing you a very Happy Hug Your Cat Day.”
- “Today is the most special day for every cat lover. May you enjoy this day with your cat to the fullest. Happy Hug Your Cat Day.”
- “Cats have the unmatched levels of cuteness that make them the most adorable beings on the planet.”
- “When you hug a cat, you actually feel that you are hugging a soft stuff toy loaded with love.”
- “Cats are a perfect blend of cuteness and love, naughtiness and craziness.”