The National Kite Flying Day is celebrated every 8th of February each year. This day encourages everyone to explore the activity of kite flying. This special day is also when enthusiasts launch their kites and attend kite flying festivals.
About the National Kite Flying Day
During the National Kite Flying Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives of this day. For one, people fly their own kites that they have either made or purchased from the store. Some people throw kite parties where they invite their friends for a kite contest and all of them together could fly their own kites. Other people shout out on social media about this celebration so that everyone can know about it.
The origin of kites can be traced back to China. The country has many lore and histories about it. Different stories tell that kites were used to spy on enemies, send messages, and even at fishing activities. Early kites were made from bamboo, leaves, silk, or paper.
Right now, kites are considered toys for outdoor fun. There are now different shapes of kites but the most popular ones are in diamond shape.
Unfortunately, though, even with extensive research about this holiday, we are not sure as to how the Kite Flying Day started or even who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why this occasion began – perhaps a person or a group of people thought that we all have come to love kite flying that such an activity deserves its own special day of celebration. Hence, the National Kite Flying Day was founded.
As mentioned earlier, the National Kite Flying Day is celebrated every 8th of February each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event will be February 8th, whereas for other years dates are as follows:
- February 8 Monday
- 2022 February 8 Tuesday
- 2023 February 8 Wednesday
- 2024 February 8 Thursday
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Kite Flying Day:
To Reminisce Our Love of Flying Kites
Celebrating this day will give you the nostalgic feels. Most of us have come to love flying kites when we were kids. We prepare our kites especially during the windy day. And it makes us feel so good when our kites fly across the sky, unreachable, and seemingly reaching its dreams. Celebrating this day will allow you to revisit these memories. Celebrating this day will also allow you to become a kid all over again. Hence, you should not miss the opportunity of celebrating this day by flying your own kite.
Read Also: Ride Like Wind Day
To Become Involved in an Outdoor Activity
Flying kite is an outdoor activity. You should thus celebrate this day to take a break from all your indoor work and studies. It would be good to spend a time with your friends and family flying a kite outdoors and feeling the breeze of the windy day.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Kite Flying Day as best as it can be:
Fly a Kite
Obviously, the best way to celebrate this day is to fly a kite. Construct your own from a pile of your stuff or purchase a made one from the toy store. You should then go outside, run with your kite behind, and feel it rise up in the air until it flies on its own.
Throw a Kite Party
You can also celebrate this day by throwing a kite party. You can invite your friends to this party, make a kite flying contest, and then all of you could fly your kites together. You can then take a picture of yourselves with your kites in the sky as the background.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalKiteFlyingDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
Kite Flying Day Quotes
- “You need to grab your dream out of the sky like it’s a kite and pinch the string through your fingers until you reach the spool.” – Augusten Burroughs
- “A kite can’t really fly free,that’s just an expression. In order to soar high in the sky the string of a kite needs to be anchored. If the string breaks the kite drops back to the ground. The kite’s freedom depends on it not being as free as he thinks it is.” – Simon Napier-Bell
- “Come up and be a kite, On a diamond flight!” – Kate Bush
- “Imagination is the highest kite that one can fly.” – Lauren Bacall
- “Strong people are made by opposition like kites that go up against the wind.” – Frank Harris
- “If the kite is set up properly it will shoot up into the sky.” – Charlie Dunton
- “When the wind is against you, like a kite, have your chord of faith rooted and you would fly highest ever.” – Vikrmn
- “Don’t ignore the small things — the kite flies because of its tail.” – Anoymous
- “A kite is a victim you are sure of. you love it because it pulls.” – Leonard Cohen
- “Kites rise highest against the wind – not with it.” – Winston Churchill