The National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day is celebrated every 9th of January each year. This day is celebrated by all the people, especially those with family members or friends who are police officers. This day aims to make people realize how difficult the jobs of law enforcement officers are. This day also promotes the understanding and appreciation of police officers for all their sacrifices and hard work.
- 1 About the Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
- 2 Why Celebrate
- 3 Celebration Ideas and Activities
- 4 Messages
About the Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
During the law enforcement appreciation day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives of this day. Most people celebrate this day by giving presents and letters of appreciation to police officers. They also shout out on social how thankful they are of all police officers for securing peace and safety in our communities.
The National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day started in 2015 by several organizations. They want to thank all the officers across the country for all the sacrifices that they do to make sure that the communities stay safe and at peace. The organizations involved in starting this occasion include the following:
- Concerns of Police Survivors
- FBI National Academy Associates
- Fraternal Order of Police
- International Association of Chief of Police
- Officer Down Memorial Page
- Law Enforcement United
- National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
- International Conference of Police Chaplains
- National Troopers Coalition
As mentioned earlier, the National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day is celebrated every 9th of January each year. This means that the upcoming National Law Enforcement Day will be held on Saturday, January 9, 2021.
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Law Enforcement Day:
To Have Another View of Law Enforcement Officers
Police officers are pretty much everywhere. They have become ubiquitous – meaning that since we always see them, we usually just ignore them. They are the people who we give our drivers’ licenses and registrations to for inspection. They also give us traffic tickers when we disobey certain traffic rules. We usually see then on the News for crimes that have been committed. But the real thing is that they are as humans as us. Them too have families. Their profession just makes them stick out. They basically have two jobs – to take care of their own families as well as to take care of the citizens from harm. This is how we should view them. And if you still don’t realize that, then you should go celebrate this day.
The Chance to Thank Law Enforcement Officers
Not every day we get the chance to express our gratitude to law enforcement officers. This is because we are pretty much preoccupied with our own daily lives. Thus, you must celebrate this occasion so that you can get the chance to thank these wonderful officers for all the hard work that they do for all of us.
To Watch Your Favorite Police Movies
We have lots of amazing movies starring police officers. If you still haven’t watch them, then this is your perfect opportunity to do so. You have an excuse to binge watch them because this is the Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Law Enforcement Appreciation Day as best as it can be:
Express Your Gratitude for Police Officers
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to express your gratitude for Law Enforcement Officers. You can perhaps buy them a gift or a present. Couple that up with a letter of appreciation and the police officer you will give those to will surely be delighted and feel that their they has been completed.
Volunteer in Law Enforcement Work
You can also celebrate this day by volunteering in law enforcement work. There are a lot of paperwork to be done and you could maybe lend a hand to help the officers in this.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #LawEnforcementAppreciationDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
- On National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, please take a moment to send prayers to the friends and family of all law enforcement officers who have sacrificed their lives to protect us citizens of the country.
- Today is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. We would like to take a minute to thank and honor all who serve and protect our communities nationwide.
- HAPPY NATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT APPRECIATION DAY! The only thing I miss being retired is working with some of the best people. Stay safe brothers & sisters!
- National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day 2020. Thank you to all our team wearing blue. Protect and Serve!
- Salute to all law enforcement officers today. Thank you for your service! Happy National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day!